Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Is it worth it to get an extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 02:17 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is it worth it to get an extended warranty?

Hello,

My RRS is a 2012 with 90k miles on it. The warranty I am looking at covers all parts other than wiper blades, fluids, and filters. It covers all other parts and electrical work as well as any damage to tires and rims for the life of the warranty which is 5 year 60k miles. The warranty would cost $3800. Keep in mind I would not be able to do any repairs/maintenance on my own. At this stage in my vehicles life does a warranty like this seem worth it?

Thank you so much for your input!

Old 11-25-2019, 07:43 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

This is probably the toughest question I try to field. Its great when a customer comes in and needs a $4500 timing chain job and they have an extended warranty. But then when we try and make a claim and they start cutting corners, won't pay for fluids, taxes, etc..., then deny the claim for "pre-existing" or "lack of maintenance records" I remember why I despise them.
It really is a gamble. Some customer's get their money worth and some customers get ripped off. Some of that depends on the warranty company, some of that depends on the policy purchased and sometimes it comes down to who calls in the claim or who answers the phone when the claim comes in.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:53 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good company is worth the gamble, even if you never use it, imo. Especially on luxury vehicles. Always suggest maintaining the vehicle to specs, however. That is a must.I am a broker and an agency owner in the F&I industry and have access to various outlets. If you are looking for a warranty or VSC, email me your VIN, odometer and the most recent bill of sale date on your vehicle. I will get back to you with some quotes. All kinds of programs are available, from powertrain and comprehensive coverage, all the way up to manufacturer-like warranties and VSC's. Any vehicle qualifies - Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, a Chevy, a Mercedes AMG, a Mini Cooper, a Maserati, a classic Corvette, a Pontiac GTO and beyond, there are programs and plans for everybody. The vehicle does not have to be under any kind of coverage right now, I just ask that the vehicle has been taken care of.

Thanks - Greg at iwamservices@gmail.com