Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-present) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Drain - clicking sound preventing the car going to sleep

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 06:12 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Drain - clicking sound preventing the car going to sleep

Hey,
just wondering if any one have similar issue with their car. My 2015 range rover sport battery getting drained overnight, when the car is switched off after few minutes a clicking sound will go off every 30 to 45 seconds coming from the trunk area. The video was taken in the trunk area on the right hand side.

really appreciated if any one can give me some ideas where I should start my diagnosis.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:29 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, this happened to me. But it was after trying to use the remote app to lock the doors. The remote app didn't work, came up with an error message and then started that clicking noise (as if the doors were trying to lock). Also drained my battery... kept getting "low battery" messages. Called the dealer, and of course all they wanted to do was put in a new battery. They said they had not heard of this before - (side note, my remote app still won't work for temperature controls and I'm afraid to even try the "lock" feature for fear that this will happen again).
HOW IT WAS RESOLVED - the battery completely died, and it was left for a weekend, which caused the entire car to "reset". I then got the battery jumped and it was fine after that. Not sure how or why this happened, but I did not have to replace the battery and it's been fine ever since. This was about 4-5 months ago.
You might want to just pull the battery completely, and let the car reset and put it back and see if that works.
QUESTION: were you using the remote app when this happened?

The following users liked this post:
siyadsalah (11-01-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad someone had similar issue to mine. I am not using a remote app and I am not sure when this started to happen. I first noticed and suspect it could be my dash cam so i disconnected it but battery drain still happens. I will disconnect battery and do a hard reset. Thanks for replying though.