Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-present) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I fell in love...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 10:20 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I fell in love...

I fell in love with a 2016 RRS Td6 (73K) today before I made it out of the parking lot on the test drive. I was smiling ear to ear. I didn't intend to test drive this vehicle, but I did and now I'm trying to determine the reliability and maintenance expectations before purchase.

Initial reviews for this vehicle seemed promising, but how have they held up? Anyone care to share stories about their Td6? Am I going to be stranded on my first camping trip or freezing when my windows don't go up after skiing all day?

The vehicle is CPO, but it runs out in 2 days. Extended warranty would be purchased. LR recommends Cornerstone, any experience with the company?

Any feedback or input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by luckyhorse; 12-03-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luckyhorse
I fell in love with a 2016 RRS Td6 (73K) today before I made it out of the parking lot on the test drive. I was smiling ear to ear. I didn't intend to test drive this vehicle, but I did and now I'm trying to determine the reliability and maintenance expectations before purchase.

Initial reviews for this vehicle seemed promising, but how have they held up? Anyone care to share stories about their Td6? Am I going to be stranded on my first camping trip or freezing when my windows don't go up after skiing all day?

The vehicle is CPO, but it runs out in 2 days. Extended warranty would be purchased. LR recommends Cornerstone, any experience with the company?

Any feedback or input would be appreciated. Thanks!
I can get you a quote and example contract on a manufactures extension by Freedom Warranty, up to 125k mile coverage, or drivetrain warranties for an additional 100k miles, covered for $275 in labor, repairs accepted at all Land Rover dealers in North America, you can contract me at (602) 909-9216 or tgibson@gmail.com

I have the same policy on my 2014 Land Rover HSE with zero issues when it comes to getting claims accepted.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:41 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2016 RRS Td6 that had the engine injectors and lifters go bad with about 400 miles before my warranty expired. Fortunately for me they replaced the engine under warranty. My SA at the time said that is is not uncommon, and any issues will be a large repair bill. I am an enthusiast and maintain my cars meticulously so was really disappointed when this happened. Glad to hear you've made it to 73k miles, but history for me on a previously owned LR3 and my RRS indicates that an extended warranty is the prudent thing to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if your air suspension goes out soon. YMMV