Range Rover Velar Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Velar within.

Amber turn signals 2018 Velar

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 05:00 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amber turn signals 2018 Velar

Hello All,

I'm hoping I can find someone on this forum with answers to my current mini-crisis. My wife and I recently moved to Portugal and decided to bring our cars due to the current high replacement cost factor. We've maintained our cars meticulously over the years and hers is like new so why buy a new one?
Now we are navigating the matriculation process for both cars. For her 2018 Velar we are told that the only things that need to be done are:
Switch MPH reading on Speedo to KPH (done) and replace rear turn signals with amber signals.
My mechanic here in Portimao ordered the new (correct) signals which arrived BUT they turned out to be exactly the same as the ones the car already has. They're red. These were returned and supposedly the correct part numbers were used to order the correct ones. We're 3-4 weeks in and the dealer cannot seem to find rear lights with yellow turn signals. Now they are supposedly awaiting lights from the manufacturer. The mechanic mentioned that he heard something along the lines of "no such thing for Velars" but that is yet to be confirmed.

Since things seem to be up in the air about this topic and time is running out for matriculation (I get to pay Duty and Taxes if I dont get the car ready) I thought I'd come to the LR Forum. Does anyone know what the answer to this problem is (perhaps someone familiar with the matriculation process)? Does LR make a rear turn signal with amber lights for the Velar? How can I get them rapidly? Is there perhaps a contact at LR that will take my calls? Help!

Thanks for your answers in advance.