Range Rover Velar Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Velar within.

Velar auto start/stop turns off then on immediately

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velar auto start/stop turns off then on immediately

I’ve had my Velar for about 3 months and found an odd behavior. Sometimes after coming to a complete stop the car auto start/stop would kick in, turn off the car and immediately on again, as if the energy demand of the AC or something would need it to start. Why would it trigger on the first place if it could not hold the demand for at least a few seconds?

If I keep driving, in the next stops it might do it again or maybe not, completely random.

I would like to know what is approximately the time the velar can hold it stopped after the auto start/stop triggers. Mine it’s about 20 seconds. Normal?

Old 01-23-2024, 06:09 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by efeblesp
I’ve had my Velar for about 3 months and found an odd behavior. Sometimes after coming to a complete stop the car auto start/stop would kick in, turn off the car and immediately on again, as if the energy demand of the AC or something would need it to start. Why would it trigger on the first place if it could not hold the demand for at least a few seconds?

If I keep driving, in the next stops it might do it again or maybe not, completely random.

I would like to know what is approximately the time the velar can hold it stopped after the auto start/stop triggers. Mine it’s about 20 seconds. Normal?
Hi. I have a 2023 Discovery that I've had for about 7 months now and my auto engine stop does the same thing occasionally. It would kick in, but then immediately start up again. This doesn't make logical sense to me because if it's not supposed to shut off, wouldn't the engine just keep running as opposed to shutting off then immediately start back up? Have you gotten any explanations from the dealer?