Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari FOR SALE $8500

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

One part of the sales process is dealing with rejection and objections. Take all these comments from the partz vulturez on the upper branches of the shade tree, and use them to hone your presentation. If you can't sell them, then maybe the apple needs some more polish. Look at this group as a warm up for the main event. If you can sell this group, you could sell a six slice toaster to a bachelor.

Build an image in the potential buyer's mind of how much fun he will have off road, how much more time he can spend on that rather than wrenching on all things taken care of, etc. You put in the top of the line parts, not the bargain basement stuff, and on and on. Market to people who maintain by open checkbook, not those DIY among us who look at parts added on as zero dollars labor. You are looking to sell to an individual that wants the powerful, capable, well equipped Rover, and would not even think of buying a fixer upper to throw his family in. Does not mind paying a premium for the very best of the best. Won't be driving a Pinto.

People sell boats everyday. They are not practical. But they are fun. People are looking for fun things they can do. The Rover is a gateway to great fun, adventure, and opening the horizons of those that join you. Some guys own or control thousands of acres, and hunt on their property. They are weary from the bone jarring Jeep rides. The next owner may base the unit on his "spread' which is usually measured in "sections" (square miles).

And the potential next owner could be out at the FBO, getting ready for a quick jaunt in his crimson haybaler. Don't ignore the possibilities. Drive that thing to the office.

Price it where you want it, but market it like Rover did when it was new. Why did you buy it? Wasn't because you wanted to wrench on it.

And pictures sell, both of how good it looks, and action photos that demonstrate capability.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 09-13-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

does an 02 even have a CDL?

Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
does an 02 even have a CDL?
Unless the transfer case was retrofitted or replaced, that would be a no.

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
One part of the sales process is dealing with rejection and objections. Take all these comments from the partz vulturez on the upper branches of the shade tree, and use them to hone your presentation. If you can't sell them, then maybe the apple needs some more polish. Look at this group as a warm up for the main event. If you can sell this group, you could sell a six slice toaster to a bachelor.

Build an image in the potential buyer's mind of how much fun he will have off road, how much more time he can spend on that rather than wrenching on all things taken care of, etc. You put in the top of the line parts, not the bargain basement stuff, and on and on. Market to people who maintain by open checkbook, not those DIY among us who look at parts added on as zero dollars labor. You are looking to sell to an individual that wants the powerful, capable, well equipped Rover, and would not even think of buying a fixer upper to throw his family in. Does not mind paying a premium for the very best of the best. Won't be driving a Pinto.

People sell boats everyday. They are not practical. But they are fun. People are looking for fun things they can do. The Rover is a gateway to great fun, adventure, and opening the horizons of those that join you. Some guys own or control thousands of acres, and hunt on their property. They are weary from the bone jarring Jeep rides. The next owner may base the unit on his "spread' which is usually measured in "sections" (square miles).

And the potential next owner could be out at the FBO, getting ready for a quick jaunt in his crimson haybaler. Don't ignore the possibilities. Drive that thing to the office.

Price it where you want it, but market it like Rover did when it was new. Why did you buy it? Wasn't because you wanted to wrench on it.

And pictures sell, both of how good it looks, and action photos that demonstrate capability.
[/endthread]

Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well said Savannah Buzz. I appreciate the constructive criticism....you are spot on.
Do i think badging is worth an extra 5k?
yes i do. that and the fact that it needs nothing. I am not aware of a decent driveable D2 that sells for 3500 where I live.
Fox shocks versus Bilsteins.
Uh....Bilsteins are superior. Nuff said.
The parts alone to do my suspension work were 3k. The labor was shall we say not free and not like changing an air filter.
In ten years or so worth more than your average D2...
Yup. when your vehicle is really rare there is always somebody lining up to pay more to be unique.
Does my D2 have CDL. No. But if you want to crawl under it with a c-wrench you can lock it. Adding the kit with the shift lever is a simple upgrade.
I have owned lots of cars and motorcycles....I have gotten more thumbs up and compliments on my Rover than any other vehicle I have ever owned....except for my 72 BMW 3.0 CSI. It was a dude magnet.
You can add all the farkle you want to a D2....fact is mine is a Kalahari. I have never even seen another one on the road. I am a unique dude...I like exclusive stuff. If I wanted a dependable off road vehicle I would get an FJ80 or a 4runner....then I could be like everybody else. Fact is i do not mind delaing with a bit more maintenance to enjoy having something different. You show me a vehicle that does everything mine does mechanically and aesthetically and I will lick your *****. (metaphorically speaking)
With regard to the picture thing....I cant for the life of me figure out how to post pics on this website....hence my statement of if you are interested then by all means send me your email addy and I will send pics.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a nice truck, good luck with the sale.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
Sounds like a nice truck, good luck with the sale.
Thanks....good luck with your build.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Baja

"It was a dude magnet." & "I will lick your *****."

You have a lot bigger problems than an over priced truck

Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I'm in for the licking.....
Looking for a nice truck photo now....
Is it one entry per person or can I start an album?

Old 09-16-2013, 06:12 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by dusty1
I'm in for the licking.....
Looking for a nice truck photo now....
Is it one entry per person or can I start an album?
you can begin by licking my ball joints.
Perhaps you did not finish school but it says....if you want a pic then send your email addy. the devil is in the details yo....wtf is up with all you smart *** rover wannabes? my disco is head and tails above most of the crap that you all own. jealous? well here is the deal. this is my last post. f-off. so much for the camaraderie thing. I have better things to do. ciao.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Baja

no; its because we new enough not to by a castrated DII. Do those decals look pretty when your laying on your back try to lock your CDL.

Quick Reply: 2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari FOR SALE $8500