Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 Discovery SE. 2nd Owner only. California Car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 01:12 AM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 2004 Discovery SE. 2nd Owner only. California Car.

Hello All,

Sadly I must part with my beloved 2004 Land Rover Discovery SE. My wife and I have a new baby on the way and it is apparently time for me get something more practical (i'm told).

I am the second owner of this beauty. The first owner was an elderly couple who only put 25k miles on it here in southern california in orange county. It's always been garaged which is why the appearance is so nice. In the last several years I have just decided to drive and love it all over locally. I just washed in the front of our house, when I get it detailed annually it looks ridiculously good, haven't done that this year but I cleaned it up very well on my own.

When I purchased it, I was able to buy the extended warranty up to 100k in mileage. Car was maintained at that local socal rover dealer service for all maintenance up to the 100k mileage and then I located a great independent Land Rover shop. At approx 92k the engine head was replaced by the Land Rover dealer service and I am told this guy will just keep on running for many years with the right care. Have all records on hand.

The good: Always garaged, never left my beloved outside! No rust, premium brakes replaced all the way around last year, oxygen sensor, tune up / spark plugs replaced last year, new battery this year. The original paint shows zero signs of pain deterioration/ sun spots. All electronics work great, including cold A/C and Heat, original radio, front and rear fog lights, both Sunroofs. No clear coat damage on original paint. New headliner 3 years ago. No cosmetic changes. 2nd Owner only, Clean Title. Turns heads. Drives great! I worked out of the country for nearly 2 years in 2015-2016 and had the car stored in professional climate controlled car storage, it was started weekly. Never been in a major accident, only one dent which my wife backed into a telephone pole and it rubbed the rear quarter panel (not kidding and pictured up close in photos). Have two keys, one only a year old replaced by the Land Rover dealer of course. This car has never been off the road. It is like driving a tank and I'll miss it.

The bad; Dent on passenger side rear quarter panel (pictured closely), small wear on the seats from getting in and out of the car. Warning lights popped up this year (ABS, TC, Check Engine, called 3 amigos apparently). My rover mechanic believes it's all sensor related and not a concern advised to me ignore it. Leaks oil only if too much oil is put in, if the oil level is kept between the dip stick lines min/max it doesn't leak much. I do see a small drip on the cardboard I keep under the car to monitor it but that is customary with these cars I'm told. All locks work, but the front passenger lock is 50% / 50% when the remote key is used,.

I realize it will probably need some work to get the warning lights turned off, but I am not a mechanic and believe somebody else will understand better than I how to get these warning lights off.

There are some ridiculous prices offered on eBay and I am not looking for +10K for this 2004 car. I'd be happy with 5k and that it goes to someone who can really care for it and is a Rover lover, like me. Serious inquiries only.

My loss is your gain. The car is certainly a collectable as the last year of this design and it runs as good as a 2004 car can. She needs some small maintenance, but I am certain the right home is out there. Expecting a lot of interest for the price! I'll try my best to get right back to you with questions, want this to be an easy experience for the buyer. Sold as is and as pictured. Free local pick up and happy to work with whatever shipping agent you choose for those out of state. Small $500 deposit non refundable to hold it for you!

The following users liked this post:
1986celtics33 (07-23-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Glws.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:01 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for replying. Is my post OK? Cheers from an Army brat in socal.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Could be a bit more clear on the price but otherwise looks fine

Old 06-27-2019, 04:58 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for that. I will consider offers b/w $4-5k.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:08 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still available?

Still available?

Old 07-23-2019, 03:30 PM
4th Gear

Sorry, not available~! Good luck.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts