Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your company is going to let this clown build bumpers for your OTR trucks? HAHAHA! DOT will have a field day with that one.

lots of little guys make it in this industry. the ones who don't do good work and lie about it just dont make it. especially if they advertise on the Internet. it's a big place. easy to find things, like a stolen photo.

speaking of the internet being easy to find things, do some research on me. my work is easy to find. before you go opening your ignorant mouth about someone you don't know, you should look them up.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Seriously...someone needs a lollipop

Old 10-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,554 Likes on 1,274 Posts

Originally Posted by We-go-up
So I imagine you feel better about your self. since you seem to have all the knowledge and know everything. Your nothing more then a hack and a never was. you bring nothing to the table but your lame attempts to be liked by lame people. There are a few of you on here that are just the same. No body gives a crap about what you think. Trolling the internet is your thing, living in your mommas basement and petting your 14 cats. If someone is interested in having work done, its of no business of yours. Unless of course you are losing business because your work is inferior to his. I imagine you think that nothing can be done better then you, and that you are always right, You will probably respond with some ignorant repsonce, and try to attack me on a personal level, like you have done everyone else. Maybe you should have Robert build you a bumper, since thats what you really want. will mom let you borrow the money? to the rest of you that join in and act the same way. thanks for hurting an industry for our rigs. jeep dominates the offroad and will forever, because people like you attempt to destroy anyone that wants to help out. keep paying over priced cost for china made items. dont even try to be creative and get off the couch and do something for yourself or others. I guess if it doesnt have a paypal sign next to it, then it cant be made. Just to let you know, your attempts to destroy only help fuel creation. My co mpany, which deals with semi trucks, is interested in having Robert build cattle gaurds for its entire fleet. So I say keep up the good work. Dont bother attacking me, you have already lost, be a good loser and walk away.

to whom ever is in charge of this forum, this thread needs to be locked. too many have lost their damn mind and decided its better to bash someone and scare off any would be contributers to land rovers. then attempt to help out or be considerate of others.

Honestly I've seen bad behavior in this thread, YOU with the name calling, the OP for posting work that wasn't his, and call outs that could have been done more tactfully (ExpeditionNW). Nothing that crosses a line though that would get you banned or a thread locked.

No reason to lock the thread that I see. As a whole someone who reads it can see the short comings, of the design for actual off-road use, and lack of integrity. On the flipside of that they can see a product that they like and get in touch with the OP to buy one. Obviously we all don't listen to what we read otherwise we'd all be driving a Jeep or a Toyota.

If you want to buy from him that's fine but the resource is here so others can look at both sides of the argument and decide for themselves.

Also, the bulk of the available bumpers for Land Rovers are American made, HLC, RTE, Tactical Rovers etc. So in the end a lot of folks are supporting the American economy except me I bought a British bumper, can't fault me for that though as we all bought British trucks. :grin

If your still in contact with the OP you might want to pass on his contact info for the guy that was working a deal with him for a bumper since he dropped all communication with him and I don't know if money had changed hands.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-24-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I imagine you feel better about your self. since you seem to have all the knowledge and know everything. Your nothing more then a hack and a never was. you bring nothing to the table but your lame attempts to be liked by lame people. There are a few of you on here that are just the same. No body gives a crap about what you think. Trolling the internet is your thing, living in your mommas basement and petting your 14 cats. If someone is interested in having work done, its of no business of yours. Unless of course you are losing business because your work is inferior to his. I imagine you think that nothing can be done better then you, and that you are always right,
You will probably respond with some ignorant repsonce, and try to attack me on a personal level, like you have done everyone else.
Im sorry, whos is attacking who on a personal level? I cant tell.

Maybe you should have Robert build you a bumper, since thats what you really want. will mom let you borrow the money? to the rest of you that join in and act the same way. thanks for hurting an industry for our rigs. jeep dominates the offroad and will forever, because people like you attempt to destroy anyone that wants to help out. keep paying over priced cost for china made items. dont even try to be creative and get off the couch and do something for yourself or others. I guess if it doesnt have a paypal sign next to it, then it cant be made. Just to let you know, your attempts to destroy only help fuel creation. My co mpany, which deals with semi trucks, is interested in having Robert build cattle gaurds for its entire fleet.

I didnt understand what you meant before, but after re-reading, I see you mean Robert will build a cattle guard, then weld it to your trucks! That makes sense now, You definitely have the right guy for the job!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

The more I think about We-Go-Up's response I keep coming back to this.

Attached Thumbnails custom bumper building-pot-kettke.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very few of us know each other personally. and the very personal attacks are disrespectful.. no one knows me or my credentials, I don't know nwexpedition or fisheh. expededition may very well do top notch work in a league of his own, I don't know. he doesn't know me, I'm not ignorant. I'm actually a very talented individual. probably one of the best painters you'd ever meet. and I'm pretty awesome with wiring, body work, and many other things. I'm not a redneck, hillbilly, hick, or whatever. if anything I'm a nice person willing to loose a few bucks taking a chance on someone. I like to give people a chance. I was impressed with the roll cage, I'm dissapointed to find out robert didn't make it. but he has stayed in contact with me, he is working on my bumper and if it doesn't work out It's my fault. I'm a big boy, I'll be happy to come back here and give an honest review of his work. if I'm wrong I'll say it. I spoke with him at length on the phone a couple times and he seems very nice. time will tell.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

If your good at wiring get in the Rover and come on over I need a hand sorting out rewiring under the hood of the 110, beer and pizza are on me.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
If your good at wiring get in the Rover and come on over I need a hand sorting out rewiring under the hood of the 110, beer and pizza are on me.
lol Wish you were closer I'd come help you just for fun. wiring is like a big puzzle. I like the challenge.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Honestly it should be easy but anything beyond wiring a stereo and speakers is baffling to me. Just redoing the alternator wiring and switching it to a RRC alt instead of the 35 amp 110 alt.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Mudding

[IMG][/IMG]

I just did a top end rebuild and the exciter wire stud bolt was frozen in place and I ended up twisting it out, so a guy at a local electrical shop and I came up with this fix. It's wired and soldered in with a couple coats of shrink tube, and the an insulator made out of jb weld was created to keep it centered. took a ruined alternator and rebuilt it and turned it into a good one. I just added a soldered spade terminal to the factory wire and the green wire conversion on the alternator.

Quick Reply: custom bumper building