Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suzukisam967m
very few of us know each other personally. and the very personal attacks are disrespectful.. no one knows me or my credentials, I don't know nwexpedition or fisheh. expededition may very well do top notch work in a league of his own, I don't know. he doesn't know me, I'm not ignorant. I'm actually a very talented individual. probably one of the best painters you'd ever meet. and I'm pretty awesome with wiring, body work, and many other things. I'm not a redneck, hillbilly, hick, or whatever. if anything I'm a nice person willing to loose a few bucks taking a chance on someone. I like to give people a chance. I was impressed with the roll cage, I'm dissapointed to find out robert didn't make it. but he has stayed in contact with me, he is working on my bumper and if it doesn't work out It's my fault. I'm a big boy, I'll be happy to come back here and give an honest review of his work. if I'm wrong I'll say it. I spoke with him at length on the phone a couple times and he seems very nice. time will tell.

Well stated. The impression I got and am still getting from others, is blind dogmatic support when every fact points the other way.

It sounds like you are prepared for a disappointment, but willing to take a chance. Not what I would do considering the aforementioned facts, but I wish you the best of luck.

I think the reason the guy who does crap work gets jobs, is because his customer doesn't know what good work looks like(not expected to), and/or doesn't know how to properly shop around.

If you know the guy is dishonest, does crap work, and know that you could get a better product for the same price elsewhere-but still hire him, then you deserve what you get. A fool and his money are easily parted and all that.

someone posted a pic of a well designed and built tube bumper he had fabbed by a local guy. it was the same price point as Robert, but the quality and design was clearly better, and up to the industry standard.

Being in the industry, I can say the price he paid is on par for that bumper.

I initially pointed out the horrible quality of roberts notches/welds, so those who aren't familiar with fabrication could see that there is a tangible quality problem with his bumpers- Independent of any of our personal design preferences.

When I looked at the now famous cage pic, I realized they were not the same quality, which made me think He stole the photo and claimed it as his own. Clearly this was the case.

Last edited by expeditionnw; 10-24-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't expect to be disappointed. based on my conversations I'm actually planning on getting exactly what ordered. I am asking for something very simple and not too dificult. like I said this rover hauls lacy thongs, stilettos and a hot blonde. I'm just willing to be a man and come back here and give a 100% objective review.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by expeditionnw
I dont know you, but I know your kind. you are a lowlife. your scab crap is aweful, youll only sell to those who dont know what good work looks like. the one good project you supposedly did, you pirated off the internet. shame on you.
So I guess you missed this name calling.

your company is going to let this clown build bumpers for your OTR trucks? HAHAHA! DOT will have a field day with that one.

lots of little guys make it in this industry. the ones who don't do good work and lie about it just dont make it. especially if they advertise on the Internet. it's a big place. easy to find things, like a stolen photo.

speaking of the internet being easy to find things, do some research on me. my work is easy to find. before you go opening your ignorant mouth about someone you don't know, you should look them up.
DoT will have a field day? I guess because you said so the million plus trucks on the road, and companies that sell gaurds better take them off. cause you are a certified DOT officer. You don't have a clue.

Do some research on you? your nobody bro, your "expedition NW' comes up as yacht sales and eco cruises. no body is gonna look you up. You can troll the internet and disrespect people all you want, just makes you a coward. If you are in the business of that is the same as Robert is in, then the truth comes out to why your so willing to put him down, because you build inferior products at a high cost.

You make claims to a product you have only seen a picture of, have no experience with, nor have you even taken the time to meet the builder and get to know that person. I have. you tell people to shop around, they do. you claim that someone does crap work but again you have not personally experienced it. My company is a multi million dollar corporation with over 35 dealerships nation wide, under a corporation that is worth billions and has 1000's of dealerships world wide. do you think for one minute your small time, lack of business sense makes a damn what they think?

Get educated, buy a bumper from Robert, put it thru "your" tests and then you can respond on here with your personal experience.

Your ignorance shows thru when you post a pic of a cattle guard that sits in the road. click on this link to se the real pic, yes this is a link of another company, one who sells them also. Kenworth T600 Tuffguard Bumper & Grille Guard - 4 State Trucks

This thread was made for the sole purpose to inform others on this forum, that Robert could build a bumper or anything else that "YOU" wanted. Since there is no point for him to continue in meaningless conversations with people that their only intention is to tear someone down. then there is no point for him to respond to this thread. those who IM him to build a bumper/ or other product, he responds to. How do I know you ask? That's because unlike you I speak with him often. That's why this thread should be closed. cause talking about wiring your alternator has no relevance to the subject of this thread.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Three Wheeling

I don't expect to be disappointed. based on my conversations I'm actually planning on getting exactly what ordered. I am asking for something very simple and not too dificult. like I said this rover hauls lacy thongs, stilettos and a hot blonde. I'm just willing to be a man and come back here and give a 100% objective review.

I said you were "prepared" for disappointment, not "expecting".

furthermore, you are asking for "something very simple and not too difficult", and it will only haul your hot wife and her underwear around(youve mentioned this several times-if you need validation, here it is).

I frankly dont see what gravity your objective review will have. And robert said himself the giant gaps will be welded in anyway by the time you get it, and youll never put it to the test.

So short of the bumper literally falling off, What problem could you find with the simplest designed bumper ever?

Im visualizing 4" C channel with two wedges cut out, bent till the points touch, and welded. How far off am I?

Last edited by expeditionnw; 10-24-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by We-go-up
So I guess you missed this name calling.

DoT will have a field day? I guess because you said so the million plus trucks on the road, and companies that sell gaurds better take them off. cause you are a certified DOT officer. You don't have a clue.

Do some research on you? your nobody bro, your "expedition NW' comes up as yacht sales and eco cruises. no body is gonna look you up. You can troll the internet and disrespect people all you want, just makes you a coward. If you are in the business of that is the same as Robert is in, then the truth comes out to why your so willing to put him down, because you build inferior products at a high cost.

You make claims to a product you have only seen a picture of, have no experience with, nor have you even taken the time to meet the builder and get to know that person. I have. you tell people to shop around, they do. you claim that someone does crap work but again you have not personally experienced it. My company is a multi million dollar corporation with over 35 dealerships nation wide, under a corporation that is worth billions and has 1000's of dealerships world wide. do you think for one minute your small time, lack of business sense makes a damn what they think?

Get educated, buy a bumper from Robert, put it thru "your" tests and then you can respond on here with your personal experience.

Your ignorance shows thru when you post a pic of a cattle guard that sits in the road. click on this link to se the real pic, yes this is a link of another company, one who sells them also. Kenworth T600 Tuffguard Bumper & Grille Guard - 4 State Trucks

This thread was made for the sole purpose to inform others on this forum, that Robert could build a bumper or anything else that "YOU" wanted. Since there is no point for him to continue in meaningless conversations with people that their only intention is to tear someone down. then there is no point for him to respond to this thread. those who IM him to build a bumper/ or other product, he responds to. How do I know you ask? That's because unlike you I speak with him often. That's why this thread should be closed. cause talking about wiring your alternator has no relevance to the subject of this thread.

What if I wanted a bumper that all the pieces fit together correctly? bet he couldnt do that.

Point is , I dont need to see it in person when I sit 4000 miles away and see awful fitting parts in a photo.

You put a guard on a OTR truck with gaps and welds like that, DOT will sideline you so fast your grandkid's will get whiplash. But You being in the trucking idustry, you should know that better than anyone.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Three Wheeling

I am specifically not advertising in this forum, to eliminate any question as to my motives, nor will I ever

nobody is gonna look me up? HAHA you did!

Oh, and since you searched my username, Ill point out it has no spaces

Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Three Wheeling

furthermore, you are asking for "something very simple and not too difficult", and it will only haul your hot wife and her underwear around(youve mentioned this several times-if you need validation, here it is).

I frankly dont see what gravity your objective review will have. And robert said himself the giant gaps will be welded in anyway by the time you get it, and youll never put it to the test.

So short of the bumper literally falling off, What problem could you find with the simplest designed bumper ever?

Im visualizing 4" C channel with two wedges cut out, bent till the points touch, and welded. How far off am I?
Here is the definition of internet "Troll":
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

This is what you are being expidtionNW, which gives you no creditability. Since your first post on this thread and possibly on this forum has been to be a TROLL.

Again you nothing about DOT and the requirements, DOT would only bother or stop the truck if the bumper was hanging off. Since you just bought your first rover in the middle to end of this year. maybe you should try to get involved with the forum and people that have had rovers in their life for awhile longer then 2 months. 46 posts since the 15th of this month, 90% on this thread alone. You sir meet the criteria to be an internet TROLL

Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Mudding

But this is my point I keep being told I need a ninja bumper made out of un-obtanium. I'm blasted as a hack redneck fanboy when all I want is a metal replacement for plastic. and I keep mentioning how hot my wife is because well, MY WIFE IS HOT! I don't need validation... she does that for me too and it would just be awkward if you tried! for both of us

Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,554 Likes on 1,274 Posts

I keep mentioning how hot my wife is because well, MY WIFE IS HOT!
Pics or she's as real as the cage lol

I didn't need a super duty bumper either that is why I went with TerraFirma, it's stout enough for winching and has good recovery points but it's certainly no Rovertym. Of course brand new it was just a bit over $400. I did add the brush guard myself for $75, I know the brush guard does more damage but I like the look and those stupid marker lights break really easy.

In the end it's a good looking bumper and it's hotter than your wife

Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by We-go-up
Here is the definition of internet "Troll":
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

This is what you are being expidtionNW, which gives you no creditability. Since your first post on this thread and possibly on this forum has been to be a TROLL.

Again you nothing about DOT and the requirements, DOT would only bother or stop the truck if the bumper was hanging off. Since you just bought your first rover in the middle to end of this year. maybe you should try to get involved with the forum and people that have had rovers in their life for awhile longer then 2 months. 46 posts since the 15th of this month, 90% on this thread alone. You sir meet the criteria to be an internet TROLL
Dude...wtf is your deal. Your massively butt hurt because people called him out for being a hack and a fraud. I have better things to do than buy one of his bumpers just to see if its worth a ****. I have far less money in my bumpers than what it would cost him to build ANYTHING close to comparable, and they were both made in Richmond, VA (not some Chinese crap). They are tried and true bumpers and I don't see any point in taking a chance on maybe getting a good bumper from someone I don't know. Un-wad your panties and get over it. Your hero tried to pass off some crap that wasn't his and he is getting flamed for it...thats how it goes.

Quick Reply: custom bumper building