Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Pics or she's as real as the cage lol
Touche
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by We-go-up
Here is the definition of internet "Troll":
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]
This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

This is what you are being expidtionNW, which gives you no creditability. Since your first post on this thread and possibly on this forum has been to be a TROLL.
Credibility or no, every point ive made about his work and his integrity is legitimate.

What do YOU think about the 1/2" plus gaps in his welded bumper?

What do you think about the fact he stole a pic of anothers tube cage and claimed it as his own?

Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by suzukisam967m
Touche
[IMG][/IMG]
Best pic in this thread!

But why run both the wife and the dog over? sounds like the makings of a good country song!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Mudding

I expected a wife joke in which the wife was referred to as the dog or vice versa. but running them over? you get a "10" for originality!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by CUpgt
Dude...wtf is your deal. Your massively butt hurt because people called him out for being a hack and a fraud. I have better things to do than buy one of his bumpers just to see if its worth a ****. I have far less money in my bumpers than what it would cost him to build ANYTHING close to comparable, and they were both made in Richmond, VA (not some Chinese crap). They are tried and true bumpers and I don't see any point in taking a chance on maybe getting a good bumper from someone I don't know. Un-wad your panties and get over it. Your hero tried to pass off some crap that wasn't his and he is getting flamed for it...thats how it goes.
The only one that's butt hurt must be you, since you are so eager to jump in and put in your 2 sense. I guess you where offended enough to repost. That's good, as long as this post stays alive, the more business it brings. almost 10 thousand views so far.

So lets talk about your issues now. How can having a custom designed bumper help you stand out in a crowd? That is what you want don't you? The feelings of loneliness go away when your riding high in your off-road rig, showing off how well built it is. Its ok, we all want to be someone. We are all here for you. Tell us your stories, tell us how you conquered the mountain, how that trail was no match for your driving skill and bullet proof truck( I didn't say water proof) post up some great pictures also. The forklift ones are the best, so hard to conquer a forklift, but I know you can.

To everyone else who has not let others make decisions for them, who do not need validation from those who fabricate their credentials. Use your own brain, form your own educated opinion.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by We-go-up
The only one that's butt hurt must be you, since you are so eager to jump in and put in your 2 sense. I guess you where offended enough to repost. That's good, as long as this post stays alive, the more business it brings. almost 10 thousand views so far.

So lets talk about your issues now. How can having a custom designed bumper help you stand out in a crowd? That is what you want don't you? The feelings of loneliness go away when your riding high in your off-road rig, showing off how well built it is. Its ok, we all want to be someone. We are all here for you. Tell us your stories, tell us how you conquered the mountain, how that trail was no match for your driving skill and bullet proof truck( I didn't say water proof) post up some great pictures also. The forklift ones are the best, so hard to conquer a forklift, but I know you can.

To everyone else who has not let others make decisions for them, who do not need validation from those who fabricate their credentials. Use your own brain, form your own educated opinion.

Haha, this guy.... Are you hearing yourself?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,490 Likes on 1,217 Posts

Originally Posted by suzukisam967m
Touche
[IMG][/IMG]
White shoes to work on a Land Rover, talk about poor decision making capability how Jersey Shore is that

Nice Cafe racer by the way

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-24-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by expeditionnw
Haha, this guy.... Are you hearing yourself?
No kidding. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by expeditionnw
Credibility or no, every point ive made about his work and his integrity is legitimate.

What do YOU think about the 1/2" plus gaps in his welded bumper?

What do you think about the fact he stole a pic of anothers tube cage and claimed it as his own?
you made no point about his work other then name calling. His integrity? have you ever spoken with the man? have you had anything done by him? I have, I paid , he sent. bumper was exactly as I had asked. I also tested it. you can find my post about the "forklift vs rover" in this thread, where I took the forklift we use every day to move semi trucks. chained it to the front bumper via the hooks, put the rover in reverse, forklift in reverse had a coworker back up the forklift and I backed up the rover. other then a lot of tire squealing and and screams of victory from the forklift operator. no damage done to bumper, front end or mounting location. I used grade 10.9 bolts (grade 8) for SAE

The 1/2 gaps in an unfinished bumper? I havn't seen it in person, so I can not form an honest opinion.

the claim to building a roll cage that he did not, did not sit well with me. but he had explained the situation and how it became the to be posted. Whether it was intentional or not, I'm not sure. But since I have dealt with him and seen his work in person, I can let that slide. I believe it to be caused by an eager person wanting to start something that takes time to produce and years of hard work. If anyone in here who owns their own business, then they will know what it felt like in the first days/months of starting it up.

With all that, I still don't feel that attacking the man and calling him names was the right thing to do. Yes I sunk down to that level and did the same to you, that was wrong of me, and I am man enough to admit it. There's no getting "panties in bunch" or being "butt hurt" here. Just a fellow small business owner trying to help out another business owner. We are being crushed by large corporation tyrants, telling us what to buy and for how much, with little to no originality. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

as I said before, commenting on someone's work should be done with consideration and by personal experience. Ask questions if not sure, wait for a response before naming calling and belittling someone. Tired of seeing crap posts and uneducated responses from people who have no education in the matter. Just cause its on the internet doesn't make it true.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Mudding

here's the bottom line. name calling isn't cool no matter what side your on. it makes you look presumptuous and petty. again we do not "KNOW" each other. we all have skills and there is someone better than all of us. some of the work robert showed was very good, some wasn't his and some was unfinished with gaps. this is a forum, we can disagree like gentlemen. not twelve year olds. now everyone play nice or else!

Quick Reply: custom bumper building