Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude you are so out of touch its unreal. and holy flip flop batman! there are so many parallels between your "for" and "against" arguements its a little hard to follow.

edit, not aimed at hot wife guy.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by We-go-up
you made no point about his work other then name calling. His integrity? have you ever spoken with the man? have you had anything done by him? I have, I paid , he sent. bumper was exactly as I had asked. I also tested it. you can find my post about the "forklift vs rover" in this thread, where I took the forklift we use every day to move semi trucks. chained it to the front bumper via the hooks, put the rover in reverse, forklift in reverse had a coworker back up the forklift and I backed up the rover. other then a lot of tire squealing and and screams of victory from the forklift operator. no damage done to bumper, front end or mounting location. I used grade 10.9 bolts (grade 8) for SAE

The 1/2 gaps in an unfinished bumper? I havn't seen it in person, so I can not form an honest opinion.

the claim to building a roll cage that he did not, did not sit well with me. but he had explained the situation and how it became the to be posted. Whether it was intentional or not, I'm not sure. But since I have dealt with him and seen his work in person, I can let that slide. I believe it to be caused by an eager person wanting to start something that takes time to produce and years of hard work. If anyone in here who owns their own business, then they will know what it felt like in the first days/months of starting it up.

With all that, I still don't feel that attacking the man and calling him names was the right thing to do. Yes I sunk down to that level and did the same to you, that was wrong of me, and I am man enough to admit it. There's no getting "panties in bunch" or being "butt hurt" here. Just a fellow small business owner trying to help out another business owner. We are being crushed by large corporation tyrants, telling us what to buy and for how much, with little to no originality. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

as I said before, commenting on someone's work should be done with consideration and by personal experience. Ask questions if not sure, wait for a response before naming calling and belittling someone. Tired of seeing crap posts and uneducated responses from people who have no education in the matter. Just cause its on the internet doesn't make it true.
Last time I checked I supported him and applauded his efforts at first. Not my cup of tea but I could appreciate it. There was constructive criticism, suggestions, etc... Then the whole thing blew up in his face with the cage pic. I don't buy the story and I formed my own educated opinion after seeing more pictures. He got called out on his bull **** like he should have. Then fast forward and here you are running your mouth about this and that and how everyone is an idiot and how great the bumper is. While you have explained yourself and I have formed another educated opinion...you're a ****ing moron. 99% of Rover off-road gear is produced by small businesses busting their *** to make a living so drop the Chinese bull**** as well. I could care less if someone wants to do business with this guy but as Bill stated interested parties have the right to hear opposing views. Just because he is a small business does not make his product any better. I'm glad you are happy with your bumper. Build your truck your way and I'll build mine my way.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Here's a list of the FACTS as we know them.
-every bumper I've seen is ugly as sin
-bumpers are poorly constructed based upon pics submitted by fabricator
-dude outright LIED and passed off someone else's work as his own
-dude completely bailed

Those are cold hard facts.
So one can conclude if you want an ugly, poorly constructed bumper built by a lying quitter then Robert is your guy.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We go up. Post detailed pics of Roberts bumper as well if it's so great... Mainly the welds that seem to be in question here

Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still waiting for more pics of wife. The pic of the chubby legs and the dog doesn't prove she is hot.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the internet

Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing like reading a bunch of old grown men fight over their aged vehicles. So now that you all blew this thread wayyyy past the anticipated 4/5 pages to a whopping 28 can we all just you know? Move on, get along, maybe wheel together sometime soon? And by sometime soon I mean near the TN/MS/AL area because I'm a lonely Rover enthusiast in my part of the nation

(19, young, dumb, and full of c...well you know.)

Last edited by calebbo; 10-27-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Go wheeling??!! Whoa there little fella. You can find me at the mall.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:04 PM
8th Gear

I would go wheeling but I need a bumper first.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Drifting

If you need a bumper.Make a bumper. If your welding sucks it will get better with practice.

Quick Reply: custom bumper building