Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not going to waste my breath and start an argument over something that doesn't need to be argued over. NCguy and FishEh are missing the point. There is a member willing to donate his services and help save people money. as well as give them a chance to have a custom bumper. There's not a lot of tech that goes into building one. Its not rocket science. I've been off-roading for about 18 years now. not in just land rovers, but chevys toyotas and even a jeep. A lot of fab work has come from a guy in his garage. so back to the point. build away friend I'm getting info together for you to build me a bumper.

thats my 2 cents...

Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by We-go-up
Im not going to waste my breath and start an argument over something that doesn't need to be argued over. NCguy and FishEh are missing the point. There is a member willing to donate his services and help save people money. as well as give them a chance to have a custom bumper. There's not a lot of tech that goes into building one. Its not rocket science. I've been off-roading for about 18 years now. not in just land rovers, but chevys toyotas and even a jeep. A lot of fab work has come from a guy in his garage. so back to the point. build away friend I'm getting info together for you to build me a bumper.

thats my 2 cents...
I wasn't trying to start an argument or insult you or Robert. I just don't think your representation of Rover bumper companies is accurate. And while making a bumper isn't rocket science, it takes a fair amount of work to make one that is built well and looks good. Doing that for under $500 is a very tall order in my opinion.

I wish everybody involved good luck!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Mudding

Hey guys!!!! i am not trying to start a monopoly on bumper building for land rovers and i understand that a 1200 dollar bumper has a spot for a winch and tow points. Thats why i put a receiver in. i have a winch mounted on a receiver. If you want tow points i will fill the bumper with tow points and you can pull from anywhere. you want a bumper with TWO winches on it i can build it. rock sliders no problem rear bumper lets do it. you want an exo roll cage all i need is your truck for a week.

Again i am doing this because i enjoy it. drink a few beers and build a bumper that will explode a deer, kangaroo, or zombie. thats a good time to me. its the same as anything, to transmission guy rebuilding a transmission takes a day and its easy. I try to do it and the truck wont move and i wasted a week. I know metal fab. i can build a pretty sweet bumper to almost anything you want and it only takes a few evenings after work.

Send me drawings or a picture and i can start building for anything, land rover , jeep, chevy or whatever

Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

How much a bumper with 12 recovery points on it?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Mudding

How about we just weld a crane clevis on the front then you can a 500 pound hook on the front

Old 08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by robertmirwin
How about we just weld a crane clevis on the front then you can a 500 pound hook on the front

cool, but only if you can stick this badge on it

Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

have you played around with any other armor? diff guards? steering guards?
I have done a couple of diff guards, they look like s***.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

rock sliders how much $, I might take a chance on you.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Mudding

gonna depend on what you want. do you want something that is tight fitting like a tactical rover slider or one that is a little more square and comes out past the door some. rough guess i would say between 150-250 bucks plus shipping. just send me a pic of what you have in mind

Old 08-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Mudding

and to dusty1. is it for a d1 or d2. If its for a d1 i can fab up something not bad looking and stout using my truck for mock up.

Quick Reply: custom bumper building