ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Bush Cables

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada ben
British and EU laws are stricter, although California has it's own issues.

The problem with vinyl coated cable is the vinyl yellows with UV exposure and it tears especially at friction points. Also, the galvanized cable will rust with time -- look at any old winchline, most of which are galvanized steel cable. Bare stainless steel cable would be better but I haven't found any locally.

Bush cables are really just improvised junk but if you want some bling, here you go: ADJUSTABLE CABLE CONNECTOR from Aircraft Spruce

and here's the SS cable: CONTROL CABLE from Aircraft Spruce
In the UK winch bumpers are even now illegal, UrbanPanzer had to buy his ARB winch bumper here in the US and have it shipped to the UK as they can no longer be bought there because people who walk are to busy talking/texting/listening to their i-pod and are being creamed by large SUV's with big brush bars and the pedestrians are being just slaughtered.
Personally if you are stupid enough to walk in front of a moving car you get what you deserve, children being the exception to the rule.
As for the yellowing of the cable, who the hell cares?
It was $16 for a 20ft roll. I have enough cable left over to do it all again.
I was also told the metal floor on my roof rack would rust and leave stains on my roof, been over a year and no rust from the floor yet.
And again the floor was $20, so if it starts to rust who cares?
Spend another $20 and do it over again.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Spike - NICE. I like the no-drilling, non-invasive technique, very nice. Have you tested it against branches to see if it will slide in or out on the brush guard? (Or do you care) I have been very pleased with the performance of the coated cable I used, and I haven't been pulled over for mine, and I have passed city cops and state patrol....
No not yet, I need to charge the battery for my camera and free up some space on the memory card.
You can bet I will post a video once I test them out though.
And no I do not care if they slide, they will only move 1/2" at the most, to far in or out and they get tighter.
I got plenty of looks on my way home from work today though.
On the way in nobody noticed because they all do 168mph so they are not late.
Heaven forbid you left home 10min earlier.