ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Doomsday Preppers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Doomsday Preppers

There was a guy in Omaha who drives a DII, he is a traveling salesman.
If he is on here I want to talk to him.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Spike, please dont worry, I have seen the light and the Mothership will not leave without us.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Team Owner

Whew!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doubt he is on here...

He is probably has his own blog or belongs to a doomsday community.

BTW. I am researching to build my own trailer.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Team Owner

What kind of trailer are you going to build wheel?
I am thinking of offering a guy a couple hundred for a popup camper with a caved in roof, strip it down to the frame and make my own utility trailer.
I also have my son who is in the Army looking for Jerry cans for me for my roof rack, 2 fuel and 2 water.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up 2 metal cans from Harbor Freight. Just so the where no issues, I coated /sealed the insides. Also, I picked up 6 plastic ones from a local surplus store for water. They all fit nice on the rack.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 AM
TReK

I wish I had the time and skill, I'd restore an old army M100 and put an RTT on it.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

You can buy that type of trailer on govliquidation.com frequently. Tent does not come with it. I paid $250 for one in "like new" condition for my office, even had the tarp cover and the "bows" for it. Here a link to a current auction: http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD - would have to deal with brakes.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 02-17-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Spike555
What kind of trailer are you going to build wheel?
I am thinking of offering a guy a couple hundred for a popup camper with a caved in roof, strip it down to the frame and make my own utility trailer.
I also have my son who is in the Army looking for Jerry cans for me for my roof rack, 2 fuel and 2 water.
Just like this one: NEW CarTopCamper Off-Road Adventure Trailer with 3-person Roof Top Tent

Any well kitted off-road trailers are going to be expensive....over 6k...The plan is to buy this company's roof full set up with the extension, and put it on the trailer. Having a trailer, rather than loading up the truck with 5 of us, give us more room and consolidation. Plus, I get to bring my satellite tv....maybe...

There is a company that sell plans to build one, but still searching for alternative (rebuilding a used chassis, or buying and modifying a Harbor Freight Special). In additional, I am looking into the cost of the independent suspension kit. At this point, my wife and I are still working on the list of essentials to make final aprox-measurements. My uncle, whom is a ex-mil welder (worked on Subs and ships), advised that we can complete a new chassis build in a day or two....Just need the schematics.

In regards to the water, there is a company that make a huge badder system that sits on the floor of the rear seat, which is an alternative. I was considering getting Jerry's for the water, but now planning on 20G, maybe 30G, so a tank on the trailer will be happening. Can never have too much water...right....(and a shower).

The Jerry's for fuel is a good ideal, 2 is perfect. You can get a dual mount and stick it anywhere. I've seen a Jeep that has two cans behind the rear mounted spare wheel. Looked very trick....

Old 02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Now that is living!!!

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
I wish I had the time and skill, I'd restore an old army M100 and put an RTT on it.

Quick Reply: Doomsday Preppers