ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Favorite Brews

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Favorite Brews

As I am sitting here enjoying a very exceptional Vanilla Porter from Breckenridge Brewery, I was wondering what beers everyone else enjoys. The Vanilla Porter is a dark beer with a subtle hint of vanilla. I highly recommend everyone try it and I usually avoid dark beers. Ambers and wheat beers are my favorites. Here in Colorado we have as many microbreweries as we do zip codes and each one makes some beers I really like and other I don't care for. It is my goal to visit as many microbreweries (and major breweries) as possible before I leave Colorado. I also like to try out the local brews when I travel.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrogant Bastard- Stone Brewing Company, Stone IPA, and Double Bastard-same Company...

Old 06-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy I miss living in Denver. Breckenridge does make some good brews. BUT, Stone IPA is one of my favorites. I gotta say though, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is sublime.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:45 PM
TReK

Last time I tried an IPA I didn't care for it. Maybe I'll have to try a few different ones and see if it was that particular brew or just IPAs in general I don't like.

Boulder Brewery, Rockyard Brewery and Phantom Canyon are good breweries also. Always been able to find a beer I really liked at all those.

Last edited by AK Rover; 06-27-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sierra Nevada Porter doesn't suck.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Winching

I'll say that IPA's are the kind of beers that you either like or you dont. Another one I liked that i've had only once while I was in Maine was "The Shipyard" think it was an ale... lots of flavor, good clean finish, would have another or two.. if I can find it out there, that is...

Old 06-27-2009, 08:27 PM
TReK

Stouts are that way too. You better like bitter if you're going to drink stouts. I am so spoiled by all the microbreweries here that I have trouble with cheap beers. Blue Moon is about as low as I can stand anymore. Last time I had a Corona I about choked on it.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Stouts are that way too. You better like bitter if you're going to drink stouts. I am so spoiled by all the microbreweries here that I have trouble with cheap beers. Blue Moon is about as low as I can stand anymore. Last time I had a Corona I about choked on it.
Exactly... Once you get a taste for the microbrew, commercial beers tend to take a backseat, way back... Blue moon Isnt bad, just gives me a head ache quickly...

Old 06-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Theres nothing like a ice cold Pepsi.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:32 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Theres nothing like a ice cold Pepsi.
I'm with you on that! Have you tried Pepsi Throwback?? Good stuff!

Im not 21 so I cant drink yet, but for all you CO and NC guys, check out this website http://www.brewscruise.com/ . I know the owners and they are AWESOME people, the wife worked at a real estate office I interned at and she told me about the "Brew's Cruise" and gave my Dad and all my Uncle's a discount tour. Here in Asheville we have a TON of unique Micro-brewers. My dad was amazed how many we had, and he said he never tasted such fresh local made brew! Bascially, they bring you around to all the local breweries and give you samples and show you how its made. Its a great thing to do with (over 21) family or friends and gives you a look into the local beer market.

Quick Reply: Favorite Brews