ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Favorite Brews

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm Gonna have to ask to see your ID please...... just kidding Cam, LOL

Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Mountain Dew is my non-alcoholic drink of choice. Recently it has been Diet Dew but as long as it still has caffeine it's good with me.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout
Old Speckled Hen
Sam Adams

As for non-alcoholic drink.... Rockstar roasted coffee

Eric

Old 06-28-2009, 07:23 AM
mh
Drifting

I like a nice american pale ale, but sometimes I'll have a heffeweizen or whatever else is in the keg sitting in the basement. Oh yeah, I brew my own beer.

As for non-acoholic, does such a drink exist?

Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
I'm with you on that! Have you tried Pepsi Throwback?? Good stuff!
Pespi throwback? Dude I was drinking Pepsi long before they even thought of going back to "throwback"
I was drinking Pepsi when it was still in a glass bottle.
The "new" Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback is nothing more than them using real sugar instead of artifical sweetener, they way it used to be, real surgar.
Now if they would just bring back the glass bottle and the wooden crate now THAT would be throwback!
Drinking Pepsi and watching "CHiP's".

Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JBEGIN
Arrogant Bastard- Stone Brewing Company
My brother started trying a lot of different micro-brew beers a number of years ago, he really got into it. Arrogant Bastard was one of his all time favorites. He got me into Magic Hat #9. I love that stuff.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by jkid
My brother started trying a lot of different micro-brew beers a number of years ago, he really got into it. Arrogant Bastard was one of his all time favorites. He got me into Magic Hat #9. I love that stuff.
Good stuff! brewed in Burlington...

Old 06-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Stouts are that way too. You better like bitter if you're going to drink stouts. I am so spoiled by all the microbreweries here that I have trouble with cheap beers. Blue Moon is about as low as I can stand anymore. Last time I had a Corona I about choked on it.
I usually only drink stouts or porters...I do enjoy a good Blue Moon (with orange of course). Otherwise, dark beers all the way for me.

I miss Bells from Michigan!

If you are ever in Dublin, hit up the Porterhouse Brewery (only Irish-owned brewery left). They cater to porters. Had a fabulous oyster porter, but could only take one because the second was wayyy too oyster-y

Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnelieseMae
I usually only drink stouts or porters...I do enjoy a good Blue Moon (with orange of course). Otherwise, dark beers all the way for me.

I miss Bells from Michigan!

If you are ever in Dublin, hit up the Porterhouse Brewery (only Irish-owned brewery left). They cater to porters. Had a fabulous oyster porter, but could only take one because the second was wayyy too oyster-y
I swear the Irish menu is based on a dare. Oyster porter? That doesn't even sound good. No one has mentioned being a Guiness fan yet. I expected someone to mention it. I personally don't like Guiness because I don't like beer that taste like coffee. And being thick enough to chew doesn't add to Guiness's appeal either.

The German side of me really likes the heffeweizens and the ambers. There are only a very limited number of dark beers I will actually drink more than once. I feel it necessary to try every beer once, with the possible exception of an oyster porter. I love going to the breweries and doing samples. Great way to kill a weekend afternoon, or an entire weekend.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by SDinDS
Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout
Old Speckled Hen
Sam Adams

As for non-alcoholic drink.... Rockstar roasted coffee

Eric
he says guinness at the top...

Quick Reply: Favorite Brews