ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Land Rover Hot Spots in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Land Rover Hot Spots in the US?

So as some of you may know, I'm heading to Seward Alaska come early may for a 4+ month long employment opportunity. Once its over I'm considering relocating with my Disco to a new location. Need a change of scenery and would love to live within proximity of Land Rover hot spots, LR clubs etc. Would love to meet new people and make new friends (maybe share LR horror stories ). So where are most of you at and where would you recommend I move to? California is out of the question and Texas is to far south...... Been considering somewhere up near the great lakes where I hear smoked fish is a treat.

So what you guys think? Where is a good place to call home for my Disco and I?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Guam.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Guam.
Methinks this isnt the best time to be moving right next to the Korean peninsula...

Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Uh Colorado, more trails out here than you could run in a lifetime, When you get board go check out AZ, & Moab for all rocks. You can join Meetup.com and run with veterans or new people to spread your knowledge.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am in New Mexico. There is a lot of trails out here to have fun too, the problem is that Rover owners are rare to join up and stuff. All my off roading friends own jeeps, broncos, tacomas, etc. It took a while to adjust as I was "the only kid on the block. . .with a Rover" but we're all united for the passion of off roading.
But let me remind you it's a desert here so no awesome lakes. I would consider CO also I love it out there.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Denver area of Colorado where the Solihull Society is located. They have both Colorado and Moab club runs. Somewhere in Arizona where the AZLRO club is located. I believe the Las Vegas area has a rover club as well that goes on runs over the Four Corners area.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...we don't need anymore people moving to CA. Plenti here already!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colorado is a big one. Washington seems to have a loyal following too.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
Colorado is a big one. Washington seems to have a loyal following too.
I have been considering Washington state seeing how its close to Alaska, and my employer is headquartered in Seattle. Alot of fishing vessles that work up in Alaska each year are also based in Washington to . Not sure if there is any LR clubs there or anything though. California is out of the question, to dam expensive, to many strict laws and dont forget how quickly your brakes wear out there lol. But I do prefer to be somewhere close to the ocean and preferably northern.... Im thinking either up on the great lakes or Washington.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Here in MI there are lots of Rovers, my tourist town on my route has tons and tons of them.
Thousands of miles of trails, a few "pay to play" spots, dunes, lots of snow, flooding...no rock climbing though, unless you go to a pay to play place.
Only two dealers in the state though, Grand Rapids and Detroit.

Quick Reply: Land Rover Hot Spots in the US?