ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Next Rover

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009 | 03:45 PM
Winching

~~~ L R 3 ~~~

Eric

Old 08-08-2009 | 04:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle

5 speed D1

Old 08-08-2009 | 05:30 PM
Baja

A 1955 S1.
Though, if I had a spare $30k I'd be tempted to get a Centaur:

Old 08-08-2009 | 06:58 PM
|
Team Owner

Originally Posted by antichrist
A 1955 S1.
Though, if I had a spare $30k I'd be tempted to get a Centaur:
They have a article about those in this months issue of LRW, I have not gotten to that part yet but was paging through and they look SWEET!
VERY limited production.

Old 08-09-2009 | 10:43 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
IF,,,, i was to have any RR it would be a sport. they are cool looking trucks and have *****,

but only douches drive them. at least in my town

I thought I remembered reading a post of yours some time ago expressing an interest in a RR Sport... The fact that only douches drive them in your town is all the more reason to buy one- after all, someone has to represent!

Besides, it's mainly soccer moms that drive Discos but we don't let that stop us!

Old 08-09-2009 | 10:56 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
I thought I remembered reading a post of yours some time ago expressing an interest in a RR Sport... The fact that only douches drive them in your town is all the more reason to buy one- after all, someone has to represent!

Besides, it's mainly soccer moms that drive Discos but we don't let that stop us!

if i go sit at a cafe by the lake here i will probably see 20 rovers in a hour. all the RR's will be driven by guys with their polo shirt collars turned up or by well kept women with $1000 hand bags,,,

the LR's will be driven by regular looking people and half of the ones i see might not see off road duty, but are dirty at least. one chick i see all the time has a D1 outfitted in pirate gear,,its kinda cool. there are a few guys in RR classics that i have talked to who have owned them since new. one is camel colors. there are 2 camel discos in town. one of them is outfitted pretty well.

Old 08-09-2009 | 11:58 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Spike555
VERY limited production.
Yup, very limited, but I know who has two for sale, or did when I was last there. Just need to win the lottery. Of course, I'd have to play the lottery to win. LOL

Old 08-09-2009 | 12:19 PM
Winching

I want the Land Rover from The Gods Must Be Crazy, that exact one, dunno what series it is. watched that movie last night,laughed myass off when the guy is under neath the thing cursin away at it..... raga fraga fragga ragga Land Rover.... hahahaha

Old 08-09-2009 | 01:13 PM
|
Team Owner

Originally Posted by antichrist
Yup, very limited, but I know who has two for sale, or did when I was last there. Just need to win the lottery. Of course, I'd have to play the lottery to win. LOL
Same here, gotta play to win but just cant bring myself to buy a stupid ticket.
I like a guaranteed return on my investment and I know that if I buy and drink a Pepsi that it will taste good and that I will have to pee.
No guarantee with a lotto ticket...other than another piece of paper for the recycling.

Old 08-09-2009 | 01:15 PM
|
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JBEGIN
I want the Land Rover from The Gods Must Be Crazy, that exact one, dunno what series it is. watched that movie last night,laughed myass off when the guy is under neath the thing cursin away at it..... raga fraga fragga ragga Land Rover.... hahahaha
Series II.

Wasnt it cool that he installed new piston rings with the engine still in the truck and while being held up by the winch (not a good idea to be under a truck held by a winch) and miles from anywhere?
Ah, the true simplicity of what Rover engineering used to be.

Quick Reply: Next Rover