ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

So whats the BEST LR forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Smile So whats the BEST LR forum?

Came across a thread on here and just started laughing my *** off! Brutal. I just love this forum. https://landroverforums.com/forum/fo...account-53570/

So what is your favorite Land Rover forum anyways? Pros and cons etc.

If memory serves me correctly this is the first LR forum I ever joined under my old username. Also made an account on LROnly and afew others.... but Im not good at multi tasking between forums and I spent most of my time on here, eventually the others became obsolete. This forum speaks to me because it loads up fast (both on my cell, tablet and computer) easy to navigate, simple, very active, close nit community, lots of DII members, not to many ads or HTML etc. The major thing i do not like about LROnly is how long it takes to load, has to many ads and to much html and its a slight bit more complex to navigate. Also dont get replies as often on their. And none of the other forums were as active so the conclusion for me is that LandRoverForums.com is the best 4x4xFar!

I love you guys! You always make me laugh, inspire me, educate me, scald me lol
Honestly I dont see how legends like Disco Mike and Spike555 can keep up with all these forums. You gotta think about all the hours they spend each day on all these sites, reading our posts, giving us their phone numbers, helping us through technical issues, problem solving, moderating etc. But its much appreciated and people like them inspire me! and whenever Land Rover critics diss rovers "how expensive and junk they are" etc I just think about Mike and Spike... these guys are not rich and they do just fine owning maintaining and modifying their own rovers!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

This is the place!

Old 12-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

It depends on what your needs are as to which is best.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
It depends on what your needs are as to which is best.
x2. LRF is in my top 5.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

In order of how often I visit/how much time I spend on there:
1)Dweb
2)LRF
3)Pirate4x4
4)D-90 Source
5)LRRF
6)ExPo
7)LRO

Dweb is good because there are a LOT of very knowledgable guys on there. And its funny as ****. Newbie's better have a thick skin tho because you will get roasted, and anything goes over there. I think I've only seen one thing censored and it was a naked pic of some fat chick.

LRF is my second. Very knowledgable people here too, but you get a lot of the same questions over and over. Dweb they would just tell you to go F yourself and search. Everybody's very friendly and helpful here.

Pirate has the guys doing some crazy suff to their trucks. Doesn't get much traffic but what trafic it does see is good.

D-90 has a lot of good stuff for sale often. Some decent tech that crosses to my D1, too.

LRRF. Mainly west coast but I know a couple guys on there including one of the mods.

ExPo. Not LR specific like Pirate but has a lot of sub categories. Some good camping equipment in the classifieds too.

LRO. Amateur Hour. Sorry ArmyRover.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
Pirate has the guys doing some crazy suff to their trucks. Doesn't get much traffic but what trafic it does see is good.
Yeah, NevadaBen's threads are classic.

Last edited by antichrist; 12-02-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LRO blows.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Our club forum is by far the best.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found this forum to be EXTREMELY helpful since I bought my Disco II. I've used it extensively for tech tips and I've sourced every single used part I've ever needed from forum members here. It's fantastic.

Chuck

Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,478 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
LRO. Amateur Hour. Sorry ArmyRover.
Doesn't bother me in the least, LRO used to be a great forum, but it has definitely died off. When I was getting my start on Rover forums trying to figure out the latest dumb thing my RRC was doing it helped me out a lot.

There is no best forum just those that suit certain sets of needs.

Quick Reply: So whats the BEST LR forum?