Series I, II, IIa, III Land Rovers For all Series Land Rovers

1970 Land Rover Asking Price REPOST

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 Land Rover Asking Price REPOST

IT was suggested by a forum member that I post here to ask what a fair price would be to post my LR for.

Hi there!

I could really use some help, sorry if this isn't the right forum to ask in. I inherited a Land Rover and I'm not sure how much to sell it for. I was wondering if someone could tell me what a fair price would be? The Land Rover starts but it would need some work to get the glass put back in (it was taken out for painting, but it's all there), and whatever else it would need. I called around to shops but no one could give me a price. It's in the LA area, if that makes a difference.

I can provide more photos if needed. I appreciate any help I can get.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:59 AM
XXL
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here's all the data-- https://bringatrailer.com/land-rover/series-88/

Based only on the scant info from your pictures and post (like, does it even run and drive?), anywhere between $6000 and $24000. You also have the wrong wheels, which only raises questions as to what else has been changed/patched/whatever. These are all big question marks for the Series buyer. PTO winch is a plus. Tailgate rear door is a minus. Missing center seat. Are the rear jump seats under all the stuff piled in back? Add-on gauges indicate more "non-original" (which isn't always bad, but leads to questions as to why changes were made, were the done properly, etc.). On the very low end of the price range I posted above, it's considered a "project" and will have far fewer interested buyers. Good luck.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:17 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the thorough reply. The engine starts. It might need a fuel pump, as we had to setup a direct link to the engine to get it started. There a seats in the back.

Thank you again. Cheers.

Old 03-30-2023, 01:27 PM
XXL
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moonspoon
Thanks for the thorough reply. The engine starts. It might need a fuel pump, as we had to setup a direct link to the engine to get it started. There a seats in the back.
You've got a lot of work ahead if you if you want top dollar. Typical Series buyers have done their research and know what they are looking at. If it's not fully running, all gears row, all axles turn under power, etc., it's just a "project vehicle" and will be on the very bottom end of that range I posted. But, get it checked out by a mechanic who knows Series LRs (sometimes hard to find, but very important as these things are very... well... British, and not just any mechanic will do a proper repair), fix what needs fixing so it isn't a "project vehicle," and you'll get decent money for it.