Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOSTPLUS 19LB Fuel Injectors for Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 08:58 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Default MOSTPLUS 19LB Fuel Injectors for Discovery 2

Just purchased a new fuel injector set complete for my D2. Took the advise of a trusted mechanic who believes BOSCH injectors (Anything BOSCH for that matter) is junk and unreliable. Curious if anyone else has used these?

New 19LB Fuel Injectors Matched Ford Mustang GT LX 302 1986-1995 195cc | eBay

Old 11-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

Were your injectors not working properly?

Pretty sure our BOSCH injectors are great. It was the TDi and previous land rover engines that used Lucas injectors - which have a really poor spray pattern. Like, fire hose poor.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Just purchased a new fuel injector set complete for my D2. Took the advise of a trusted mechanic who believes BOSCH injectors (Anything BOSCH for that matter) is junk and unreliable. Curious if anyone else has used these?

New 19LB Fuel Injectors Matched Ford Mustang GT LX 302 1986-1995 195cc eBay
Classic example of "take everything with a grain of salt". Myself and an entire Audi community (and I'm sure other vehicle platforms) ran Bosch injectors on big turbo stock & modified motors without the slightest issue. I whole heartedly disagree with your mechanic.

"Anything Bosch is unreliable"? Come on...

Old 12-10-2016, 02:58 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Exclamation Update on 19Ib fuel injectors

I wanted to update on those aftermarket 19Ib fuel injectors in case anyone is considering this route. I purchased a set of Mostplus 19Ib injectors off ebay per my mechanics advise. He has had good luck with 19Ib injectors, citing that they are affordable, reliable, very common on many domestic vehicles and offer improvements for our Rover engines. He has installed these on Rovers in the past. What I found is that the 19Ib injectors are taller than the genuine Bosch 0280155787 fuel injectors fitted in my 2004 D2 from factory. I suppose something can be retrofited to make them woek but I decided aginst it. I also found that the quality of these aftermarket injectors was pathetic. Upon removal from the rail afew of them snapped near the top end. My old Bosch injectors have been in the truck since new and had around 160,000 miles on them and did not break during removal from rail. So I ended up buying a set of remanufactured Bosch 0280155787 fuel injectors off ebay from a reputable seller. Super fast shipping and a 5 year warranty. Injectors are rebuilt with new filters and seals and are pressure/leak tested and flow/spray tested. I ordered them Saturday night and paid an extra $13 for expedited shipping and they were delivered by mid day Monday! Very impressed. I installed them myself and had no issues whatsoever.

If doing the job yourself make dam sure you fit the clips onto the rail and injectors correctly, otherwise you will have a massive fuel leak. I used dieelectric grease on each end of the injectors to make installation eaiser. Installed the injectors into the rail first, installed clips then CAREFULLY lowered rail/injectors down into the block and made sure they seated properly. Triple check the clips and that everything is seated and dont forget to fit the 4 bolts to the fuel rail when your done. I found this job to be easier than doing the ingnition coils...... Below is a link to the ebay listing.

Atlantaauto: *5 YEAR WARRANTY* Genuine Bosch Set Of 8 Fuel Injectors for Land Rover 4.0L | eBay

The following users liked this post:
No Doubt (08-28-2017)