Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Box leak??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Box leak??

Can you see where the link fluid is pooled? That's where it comes leaking out of...
hello! I'm new here. I have had my 2004 Disco for 4 years, driving it regularly since my third child was born a few months ago...

recently the power steering was getting rough so i checked and it was super low, below the minimum line. So I topped it off since it looked clean and then within a week it got really bad and just a few days ago I noticed a puddle under my car and sure enough the reservoir was pretty much empty. I've located the leak-when the car is on and I turn the wheel it comes gushing out from what I believe is the pas line? I'm not too sure...looks like just a new o ring or something should do the trick but I can't be sure. I've searched the forums and rave manual and can't really find the answer I'm looking for. All hoses and clamps seem fine, btw...thanks in advance!

Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Winching
Received 119 Likes on 93 Posts

If it's leaking from one of these two hard lines attached to the steering box, then yes new o-rings should fix it.

This is actually a R drive vehicle, but yours should look similar. One bolt secures both lines. I don't remember the size but you should be able to match at any hardware or auto store.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red5
If it's leaking from one of these two hard lines attached to the steering box, then yes new o-rings should fix it.

This is actually a R drive vehicle, but yours should look similar. One bolt secures both lines. I don't remember the size but you should be able to match at any hardware or auto store.
thank you so much! Gonna give it a go. Much much appreciated.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

My leak wasn't as bad as yours but I drained my fluid and refilled with Prestone High Mileage PS fluid and my leak stopped. The high mileage version also has a stop leak additive in it.