Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still putting it back together question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 11:35 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it all back together last night but, had to wait for the silicone to set... and I'm tired as crap tonight (just got off work a little after midnight) so might get up early today and fire it up. I'm in Waynesboro! so yeah... small world... if your ever up this way drop me a line cause I definitely owe ya. I don't travel much but, if I get this thing legal again. I might be able to head south for a day or something. who knows lol. I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited by mudpuppy229; 08-09-2017 at 11:36 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 08-10-2017, 08:08 AM
TReK
Received 481 Likes on 404 Posts

You don't owe me anything, but free beer is always good, lol.
Glad you fixed it.
I searched here before taking the pan off. I found 2 posts, and both said the pan would Not come off without dropping the crossmember, even with a suspension lift.
I tried anyway, and of course it works.
Then I read here in another thread that it does come out.
So there is some disinformation floating about.

The following users liked this post:
mudpuppy229 (08-10-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so... took it for a lap around the block and everything seems to be in order..... gave it a bath, looks good now ( that pic up there was when I first bought it) and as a joke on Facebook I celebrated with a Foster's Lager. still some issues that I need to tweek. window in drivers door...regulator is trashed I'm guessing. sun roof leaks lol, which one? both hahaha and the bushings on the lower end of the front wheels are pancaked out... not sure if it will pass inspection that way. I know they do the "wheel wobble" here in Va. but, I really don't wanna jack it up again right now. I also would like to find a dash cover piece that's over the instrument panel... some jack wagon broke the screw holes out of this one... any bland color would be fine .. I think this one is black. brakes are squishy and they have been since I got it... probably gonna replace the pistons in the incline box... and get the three amigos out of the way and that might solve this issue too. as to any reference to off roading.. I bought this because I hate being stranded in the snow. I live 10 minutes from work so gas mileage wasn't an issue hahaha any way... cheers!!!