Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Yep, been doing the 15-40 since you suggested.

'Slightly' better temps today, but hey when your metaling iron for a living, what's a few degree's.....

She's due for the re-register as well, guess she's worth the 61 bucks and 3 minutes at the court house......thank god there's ZERO inspection in this state.

Enough goofing off, back to work!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

WOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
COME ON Mr. LOW PREASURE COLD FRONT!!!

please stay!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Still goofing off...... back to work.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome thread, love the humor. I picked up my 1998 disco 1 50th aniv 2 years ago for 450.00 on CL. The truck was bumped in the winter in the rear and shut off fuel pump. They stated it needed a new fuel pump. Threw a battery in and pressed the reset button under hood and it drove fine. I was lucky and my disco came from NC, so very little rust, except under passenger foot well. stupid windshield leaked. Your thread was very helpful on certain issues I am having also and made me spit out coffee!!! Keep up the great work, BTW how did the badger run off road ;-)

The following 2 users liked this post by disco-tec:
Detoured Discovey (08-17-2016), mr4x4 (08-18-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Wow, sounds like a lucky find! (or......was it?)

I think the problems are pretty common over all, few real good guys on here with quick and proper answers that are very helpful.

Hmmm......'How did the badger run off the road??? Dunno, do tell.

This is one odd looking beaver.........I think we're in for some wood land creature humor.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Heat and humidity has been crap here too and I have a laundry list of stuff to do but when its so hot and humid you can barely breath makes it hard to get motivated to wrench and weld in the sun

So been spending time with the new baby .

Old 08-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Drifting

Well on the inside its pretty much minty, (even the radio & cd changer works) the rear carpet is stained and the rear door leaks. Don't know if its bent or what. I'm thinking of getting all disco 2 door seals. Then I need to trim the door catch pin channel to go further in for a better seal. I did replace the steering gear box with a junk yard one. 50.00 plus shipping, The best part it was a practically brand new reman unit. SUPER SCORE, no more leaks in steering, now just small oil leaks. The junk yard before that I found brand new plugs and wires all oem sitting on the pass floor of a disco, paid $65.00. I also have to replace the front outer axles seals. Im just going to order both and do both. I kinda have a soft pedal on the brakes when first start up, but then it goes away until you shut off truck. Thinking maybe small leak in brake booster?? what do you think it might be??? I was thinking junk yard and get both booster and master. Also thinking of removing jumps seats and installing non jump seats.

Last edited by disco-tec; 08-17-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I didn't know you where a new Dada Tom, congrats!

Old 08-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Drifting

Congrats on the new edition Tom,
I'm spoiled with A/C in my garage. Picked up a hotel ptac unit and installed almost flush with wall. Works awesome, winter time it's good til about 0 degrees, then propane heater comes out. I will be installing a hot dog furnace you hang from ceiling. Was at Menards and they had a sale on led fixtures for 19.99 so I bought 10 of them.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Congrats Tom!

These tail lights on this rig have been an issue since the first day of adoption, that grid crap is from the 70's and I have a busted one now.........Some Johnny Law having a bad day is bound to give me crap over them some day soon.

I'm thinking I might try embedding some different lights from a different rig with normal connections and reliability.......I can do this for less money than any used 'single' fixture out there....with 2 brand new 'other make' fixtures, with out much effort.

Has anyone noticed this done before? If so, do you recall fixtures used?
It might be time to start making this thing mine......

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-