Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,509 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
He's touched. Not like emotional, I mean like the "other" touched.
History with a catholic priest or window licker? Just want to make sure we are on the same page...

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (07-10-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
History with a catholic priest or window licker? Just want to make sure we are on the same page...
Man, really tough decision! I'd say leaning towards the window licker with maybe a little petting near private areas.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Camel Trophy

Just so both of you know I picked up a "FREE" lunchbox TIG today from work. It's Lincoln but I can look the other way..... it was free AND in working condition. No AC just DC+/- so no aluminum diamond plate bumper for me...... aw shucks. Lincoln Invertec V155-S with a Pro Torch air cooled whip. I have the Plastic Fantastic yet in the que so no Rover projects yet but they're coming...... I think I lost a couple of body mounts cuz it's chunka chunka BLAM BLAM over pot holes.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

BWAAHAAHAAAAA........Window licker, that's friggan great!!

Congrats on the Welder 'Scouts......I'd like to get another myself.

Sooo.....It's been pretty eventful around here lately, not much time to log in....the front end seems to be holding up!
Got that straightened out just to get up to speed only to feel something in the rear....(of the truck to be clear)....came at 60mph every time.....thought maybe I messed up a tire, I went ahead and replaced as I needed an equal size spare any who........got a little better..........Then I started thinking driveshaft, maybe I fudged it while log bound.........got under there, greased her up, looked her over, nothing obvious......drove it, still there.......

After a few wtf's of frustration.....I was like, come on......I get back under there, noticed my lower shock connections looked a tad loose.......Well hell, they were 'w a y' loose......I put in over an inch of spacer on both sides to get them tight.........What-ever, should I be surprised at this point? Took her out for a spin.......no more vibration........well now, how sweet is that?

In other adventures, clutch blew out in the trampy Honda.......turns out it's the clutch fork......broke in half, put a clutch in it anyways......can't complain as the things on it's 2nd motor, probably 500k on the thing.....

Wife & kid have been in N. Carolina for the last 4 weeks, that's a whole nother story, I guess my hall pass runs out next Monday..........pretty much have managed to stay out of trouble, cut back on the window licking......

Hope every ones well, I'm going to start working on the habit of logging in again......let's see if I make it back from the store 1st though, gotta roll!!

Old 07-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Camel Trophy

Ha! The "licker" store no doubt. Apparently it went past petting right to the rear..... well howdy about that.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,509 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Good to have you back around.

Detoured Discovey (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Ha! The "licker" store no doubt. Apparently it went past petting right to the rear..... well howdy about that.

Well.....the 'licker' store is right next to the grocery store.......

So the trampy Honda turned out to be a project, much like 'Scout's Fantastic Plastic.............I went a little over board.....New master, new slave, full clutch assembly, pressed out and replaced a wheel hub (bad lugs), replaced a motor mount....of course the bolts broke, torched it out & welded the new one in...and as if that wasn't enough, removed front fascia and re-sprayed it with single stage enamel from Napa......came out exceptional. The wife goes thru a fascia every year or so, got tired of spraying them, left the last one black...back to silver as of yesterday morning!

That was real fun in all this heat and humidity........Ugh!!

Alrighty, so my hall pass runs out tomorrow as the wife and kid fly in at 3:40........so much for my peace & quiet.....but, it's time, it'll be good.

Rover time again I guess!
Those flares from Russia finally showed up, have yet to monkey with them. I'm due for another oil change, need to finish those pillar pods, front brakes need to get done......maybe start getting back into some bumpers, button up some more rust repair........god only knows what else....

Not bad rice for a 97, I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but no time, too humid......

The neglected Super Model...........She needs a 'fix'.....lol

Another hot one today! Careful out there, got the pool in really nice shape, come on out for a dip!!!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Oh......if anyone has a pass. side tail light for a D1 out there, I'm in the market!!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Camel Trophy

See if Paul has one....... I have a new desktop pic, thanks!

Old 07-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Be sure u get the later tail with yellow blinker lens iirc earlier were all red

mr4x4 (08-12-2016)

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-