Nitto Terra Grappler vs Ridge Grappler? - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Brand Reviews > Tires
Reload this Page >

Nitto Terra Grappler vs Ridge Grappler?

Tires What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Terra Grappler vs Ridge Grappler?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Default Nitto Terra Grappler vs Ridge Grappler?

I'm in the process of adding a 2" lift to my '01 LR Disco w/SLS & Airsprings. (OME Springs/Nitro Shocks w/2" spacers in the rear for the air springs).

I'm trying to decide which tires to get. I've been running stock size (255/55/18) Nitto Terra Grapplers and they've performed well. However, I'm intrigued with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Most likely going with 265/65/18's tire size.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truc...ht-truck-tire/

Thoughts on these?

- How durable are these tires? I intend to drive about 3,000 - 5,000 miles per year. 90% on pavement to get to places to go off-road. I'd like to see them last 30,000 miles or more - reasonable, or? I have 50,000 miles on the current Terra Grapplers with at least 1/2 the tread left - replacing them due to dry rot....

- Do I need to be worried about the extra weight of LT Ridge Grappler's on the drive-line? They are about 11-12 lbs each heavier compared to the equivalent size Terra Grapplers.

- I am assuming with a 2" lift, the 265/65/18's will fit without needing to trim the fenders/inner fenders - correct?

Thanks!