Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

96 disco electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 disco electrical problems

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 96 disco? I can't get the drivers side speakers on. Front or back. I've checked the wires at the speakers and they are connected. I've also tried balance and fade. It's a factory head unit with the factory 6 disc changer.

I also don't have cruise control, fog lights, intermittent wipers or the light behind the clock. Checked all of the fuses and their good. Anyone have any ideas?

I bought door actuators from www.partsexpress.com for $5 each. They work great if your having door lock problems. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Kyle

Old 05-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 disco electrical problems

last thing first, the clock has it's own rover specific bulb, it looks like a xmas tree bulb, next , are you sure you don't have a fuse out? this is exactly what happened to me when i put new fog lamps that were rated too high for the fuse. get the rave cd from rover renovations, this will help you a bunch, i like books so I order the haynes manual from atlantic british. hope this helps and good luck rovering. Bill

Old 05-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: 96 disco electrical problems

You have an amp behind the glove box for the regular speakers. There might be a fuse back there. I think the wipers and fog lights do through the MFU. Got a RAVE CD and it will tell you how to test it. I think you hold the gefrost button in while turning on the truck release it, and hit it again. When you try the inputs (wipers, washers, rear fog lights, etc) it will beep. if you hit it again, it will fun every thing it controls for 2 seconds each. I am just going off memory...

On the cruise, are you sure it isn't just not lighting up and you have a hose leak? I replaced my clock light, and the lights for the cruise switch went out...might check your lines...