Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinking "m" and "s" lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking "m" and "s" lights

Speaking of warning lights... I have a 2003 Disco II that seems to be having some issues today. The "M" and "S" dashboard lights are blinking as well as the "D" in both the dash indicator and the gearshift itself. It wouldnt start after this happened at the gas station earlier tonight till I had it jumped. And only started then reluctantly. I hope there is something I havent thought of that doesnt require a zillion dollars at the dealership to troubleshoot this. Thoughts?

One thing I have heard is that if I simply disconnect and reconnect the battery, it will trip the computer and work fine. That sounds iffy to me, but what do ya'll think?

Thanks! And I apologize in advance for not really knowing what I am talking about when it comes to fixing my own car!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Blinking "m" and "s" lights

It might be a 12V supply issue. Check the condition of your battery. For further diagnosis you need to have autologic of T4 to see what fault is coming on the screen. Generally it's somewhere else down range. Find a reputable shop with the proper testing equipment.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Blinking "m" and "s" lights

check your battery teminals first. take them off and clean the battery posts and your terminal connections. autozone or advanceauto will do it for you for free. they scrape the corrosion off. if that dont work have them test your battery. worst comes to worst your alternator might be shot. check that other stuff first.