LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlins help:HELP>>>HELP>>> Seat, alarm, navigation, rear wiper....HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gremlins help:HELP>>>HELP>>> Seat, alarm, navigation, rear wiper....HELP?

I have 125,000 miles 2006 lr3 and now the Gremlins are comming out....it started with the Navigation not wanting to work...would not respond to touching ...had to warm up ....Then rear wiper is running s...l...o...w.... The alarm went off for no reason ...NOW the the drivers seat is stuck all the way down and back it wont move thanks to my husband wanting to relax between our son's baseball games....I want to drive my car.....I need seat help I am short and I can not reach the gas.....I dont want to be stuck driving the 3-on the tree 69 bronco lol
Could this be a battery issue?
Thanks for any help
Baseball mom
Alti

Last edited by alti; 03-10-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Overlanding
Smile

Fixed the seat blown fuse in glove box area!! start with simple move to complex....now for the other gremlins....I forget to mention cruise control also is tempermental....I have to turn off and restart the car when it is not catching.....Love this car and will just put up with the quirks.....

Old 03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Put a trickle type battery charger on it for a week of nights.

It you can, put a trickle type battery charger, (CTEK US3300 or similar), on it each night for a week or so. The odds are the problems will disappear.

When you get a whole pack of unrelated problems, usually the cause is electrical and most likely a weak battery or charging system or both.

It is very difficult to figure out just what however as the systems are so interrelated.

As such, change nothing and put a week into charging the battery. One night overnight is not good enough due to the oddities of the charging system and computers.

The blown seat fuse suggests high amp draw and hence low voltage so the odds are the problem is simple to fix but as usual, near impossible to figure out.

You can have a going defective regulator within the alternator and hence both the amps and volts are lower than required - the volts tend to default to about 13.0 volts and you normally need about 13.6 to 14.6 to actually charge the battery and keep the 3 happy - at around 13 the engine runs but most else is sick or suffering.

The real problem with the default 13 volts is most automotive electrical types think that is OK, and it is for not Land Rovers.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I'd suggest stopping by a parts store that will run a free battery / charging test. With a 2006 should should be on battery number 3. Lots of strange problems are cured with good battery, and cleaned up cables as well as major grounds. Many road warriors put in a new battery every two years to keep peace at home. Battery volts should be 13.8 - 14.4 volts at idle with minimal equipment on. With everything on ( lights, wiper, fan on high), maybe drop to 13.2, but no lower.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 03-10-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Overlanding

Thank you to both members for the response...Everything makes sense.

We will definitely monitor the Battery! and we will post any results we find out!!
Alti

Love this car!!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you need new cruise control switches. They are lin bussed to the bcu and restarting resets them. Lin bus codes are recorded as the last code in the system and sometimes only a new part and a reset will fix them.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Overlanding

Here is the report.....went to the auto store Rover was on, no electronics or lights and it was reading 14.3 only dropped to 14.1 with things on....? I guess I am going to just blame the gremlins and live with what I have ....a very quirky car... most of the time the car is on good behavior ....all the minor quirks I can live with.

The cruise control just sometimes won't work. It will be fine for a few months and boom it needs to be reset by shutting the car off and it works again......

If I have more problems I will post for now the Rover is a happy camper.... and so am I