Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 June Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 01:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pava-Rottie
Go to Settings—>all settings—> check for updates. If there’s an update available it will be displayed on the screen at startup. You’ll have the option to install or schedule the update. Since your car is new it may have the latest software.
Thanks. I did that, unfortunately there was no "check for updates" soft key. But yeah, like you said, it may be new as I only picked it up last week. Build date was Apr 13 though.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:49 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by p400_au
Thanks. I did that, unfortunately there was no "check for updates" soft key. But yeah, like you said, it may be new as I only picked it up last week. Build date was Apr 13 though.
that only tells you when an update is available to install. Right now it’s telling you your software is up to date. When an update is available you’ll see it on the Home Screen upon startup. After installing you’ll come back to this screen to see if it installed, and the version OR it’ll tell you it didn’t install successfully and you’ll need to try again. Be forewarned, the updates often take several tries to install successfully. Make sure you have a good WiFi signal and don’t open the doors for at least 40 minutes.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:04 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by p400_au
Originally Posted by Pava-Rottie
that only tells you when an update is available to install. Right now it’s telling you your software is up to date. When an update is available you’ll see it on the Home Screen upon startup.
this is the way my MY22 Discovery is as well, it still hasn't updated and I picked it up in early July (though I have other telematics registration issues that need to be worked out, which is likely why mine is messed up ).

Weird that on the consumer side you can't even check what version you have in this state (I'm assuming in a diagnostic mode one could). Someone elsewhere said it takes quite some time for the back-end to sync with the vehicle the first time. Like weeks...

Old 07-24-2021, 02:13 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
this is the way my MY22 Discovery is as well, it still hasn't updated and I picked it up in early July (though I have other telematics registration issues that need to be worked out, which is likely why mine is messed up ).

Weird that on the consumer side you can't even check what version you have in this state (I'm assuming in a diagnostic mode one could). Someone elsewhere said it takes quite some time for the back-end to sync with the vehicle the first time. Like weeks...
Yeah. You should be able to look up the current OS version. Apparently, you can only look up the last update. You cannot look up previous versions so you can identify which updates did what to the car. Incidentally, after the dealer got everything working yesterday, I got in the car today and my profile was erased and I had to go through the vehicle setup again. Only problem is I can’t get past the screen where you enter your name. This is getting a little frustrating!