Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 01:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Hi All... Late to this Party. I have always been a fan of Land Rovers... Specifically the Defender, this gen and last... but have never owned one… as I never had a reason to.

Fast forward to today and I’m in the process of buying a boat and with the total weight just breaking 7000 pounds (Boat, Trailer, Fuel, Water) I need a tow vehicle. Upon research, the Defender fit the bill! It's nice because I did not want to purchase a pickup or larger SUV. I wanted daily that we could use as a family for commuting and errands... Where a Pickup would be extremely limited to the Boat and the occasional home project.

I was planning on buying a 110X... The 6-pot for better fuel efficiency over the 8 and the X model for the Air Suspension for towing. I reached out to the local and only dealer here in Oregon. They quoted me a 6-9 month wait.

I then reached out to several dealers outside of my state for existing inventory (very slim)… only to find out they will only sell within their region based on some new rule Land Rover has put in place due to inventory shortages. Very frustrating to say the least.

So I went back to my local dealer and submitted an order with a $2000 deposit. I asked when they get their allocations and where I am on the list (how many people are before me). I got the vague answer that their allocation is based on sales volume… but nothing specific to my questions. I’m sure he is avoiding it to prevent me being discouaraged.

My Boat arrives sometime in November and I can rent a Pickup locally if I need to until the Defender arrives… Which is fine considering it will be through the winter months and the Defender will hopefully arrive in the Spring?

Question for you all, what has everyone’s experience been with new orders within the last month? Same situation? I saw the earlier post that LR is not accepting new orders for the Defender at the moment. Kind of frustrating especially when you see the debuting new models like the 007 Special edition. Any additional insight/feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m new to the brand and not sure how they have been during COVID and Chip Shortage times.

Thanks in advance,
Donavan
Welcome to the wait. If they aren't able to tell you they are converting an allocation into your order, find a dealership that can. You will get your dates immediately, and should ask for the Vista printout, in that case. You are otherwise not actually entering an order. They should have been honest about that.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Welcome to the wait. If they aren't able to tell you they are converting an allocation into your order, find a dealership that can. You will get your dates immediately, and should ask for the Vista printout, in that case. You are otherwise not actually entering an order. They should have been honest about that.
That's the problem... No dealer at the moment will do out of state sales due to a new rule Land Rover has in place due to supply issues and unfortunately I have only one dealer in my state.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:01 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the problem... No dealer at the moment will do out of state sales due to a new rule Land Rover has in place due to supply issues and unfortunately I have only one dealer in my state.
I think its more out of region vs out of state. Im in NY buying in NJ

Old 09-02-2021, 02:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

1 dealer in the entire state? And people make fun of us in Florida. Nearly all the moms here drop their kids off to school in a Rover.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Unhappy

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
1 dealer in the entire state? And people make fun of us in Florida. Nearly all the moms here drop their kids off to school in a Rover.
Unfortunately, yes! 😥

Old 09-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by qdo12
I think its more out of region vs out of state. Im in NY buying in NJ
I tried the Seattle area... as they are 3 hour drive away... No cigar. I am considered out of the region.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Mudding
Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

I just heard from my dealer that my delivery has moved up almost a month - delivery early in December rather than late in the month. And he says that all the specs have stayed the same (although I will believe it when I see them with my own eyes).

Like most of the people on this forum, mine will be quite the unicorn - with a bunch of things in the spec that are no longer offered for the MY22 base model, but that will (hopefully) be on this base MY22 110

Old 09-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Overlanding
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorofRocks
I just heard from my dealer that my delivery has moved up almost a month - delivery early in December rather than late in the month. And he says that all the specs have stayed the same (although I will believe it when I see them with my own eyes).

Like most of the people on this forum, mine will be quite the unicorn - with a bunch of things in the spec that are no longer offered for the MY22 base model, but that will (hopefully) be on this base MY22 110
just heard from my dealer that my delivery is moving from mid December to late December

Old 09-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Hi All... Late to this Party. I have always been a fan of Land Rovers... Specifically the Defender, this gen and last... but have never owned one… as I never had a reason to.

Fast forward to today and I’m in the process of buying a boat and with the total weight just breaking 7000 pounds (Boat, Trailer, Fuel, Water) I need a tow vehicle. Upon research, the Defender fit the bill! It's nice because I did not want to purchase a pickup or larger SUV. I wanted daily that we could use as a family for commuting and errands... Where a Pickup would be extremely limited to the Boat and the occasional home project.

I was planning on buying a 110X... The 6-pot for better fuel efficiency over the 8 and the X model for the Air Suspension for towing. I reached out to the local and only dealer here in Oregon. They quoted me a 6-9 month wait.

I then reached out to several dealers outside of my state for existing inventory (very slim)… only to find out they will only sell within their region based on some new rule Land Rover has put in place due to inventory shortages. Very frustrating to say the least.

So I went back to my local dealer and submitted an order with a $2000 deposit. I asked when they get their allocations and where I am on the list (how many people are before me). I got the vague answer that their allocation is based on sales volume… but nothing specific to my questions. I’m sure he is avoiding it to prevent me being discouaraged.

My Boat arrives sometime in November and I can rent a Pickup locally if I need to until the Defender arrives… Which is fine considering it will be through the winter months and the Defender will hopefully arrive in the Spring?

Question for you all, what has everyone’s experience been with new orders within the last month? Same situation? I saw the earlier post that LR is not accepting new orders for the Defender at the moment. Kind of frustrating especially when you see the debuting new models like the 007 Special edition. Any additional insight/feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m new to the brand and not sure how they have been during COVID and Chip Shortage times.

Thanks in advance,
Donavan
I am also in Oregon and ordered from the Portland dealer. I have had a deposit in since the first week of February (5k) and shifted to a new order in mid march when the orders got changed to a my22. I just got notice today that my defender has left the Tacoma port and is on the way down to Portland.

I originally reached out to a couple of the Seattle area dealers who also wanted a 5k deposit and would not do the ordering over the phone. You can private message me if you have any questions about the portland dealer or want me to share some of my experience there.

I would say they did not seem to want me to edit any existing order that was already designed for retail sale. In both cases for my my21 and my22 orders they created new orders. Many people have taken over existing orders set for retail sale, some with the ability to still make revisions to the build, and reflected shorter relative "order" times. I gotta imagine that LR Portland has some X's on order that you could take over. There are not as many options for change at that level, so it might get lucky that way.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

When did this rule kick in? I ordered in June and took delivery today. I live in DC and the dealer I went with is in NY. They had no concerns selling to me.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now