Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 10:05 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by tkiel
I have the raised air intake, classic mudflaps, wheel arch extensions, and rear scuffplate as accessory options on mine. Only the raised intake is listed as a port install and the rest are dealer installations - I confirmed with the parts dept that they have all of those waiting for me when my Defender hopefully arrives in ~10 days.
Curious why you did not get your mud flaps or wheel arch extensions as port installs as well? I gotta imagine your dealer is going to cost more to install.

I requested my sales rep to add both the front under shield and the classic mud flaps as a port install. He only added the front under shield. When I asked him why he didn't add the mud flaps as a port install his answer was that his dealership could sell them installed them for $750. The port install price, including the parts, is $350. I asked him to match the price since we have an email chain with written proof I requested it back in March. His response was that he cant amend LR timelines and they wont match the price. I ordered some from a dealer in NJ and going to install myself.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:28 PM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

^^^
US prices for these parts is ridiculous.
I bought rear mud flaps (regular) from RimmerBros.com. $75 plus shipping.
And wheel arch extensions for $565.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:32 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by dj200
^^^
US prices for these parts is ridiculous.
I bought rear mud flaps (regular) from RimmerBros.com. $75 plus shipping.
And wheel arch extensions for $565.
I got my mud flaps (classic) for $104. The wheel arches were $636 but I didnt go with them.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:43 PM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

Those are reasonable prices, especially for a US dealership.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:57 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I‘m almost devastated…. After 1 month the Vista sheet doesn‘t have any update only that the order has been accepted. No ‚last change‘ date, no ‚build date‘ nothing.
SA gave me a call and he can not understand why. He doesn‘t know how JLR prioritises the orders. He has customers who have waited 6+ month for their build and once that took just 3 month from order to delivery. People who ordered 6 month ago don‘t have their cars others who order 4 month ago are getting theirs next week.
He also said that they just had another bulletin from JLR saying that due to the semi conductor shortage some models with specific extras will face a 12+ month delay….. not only Defenders but the whole JLR range.
I‘m way not happy with the situation on a car that costs Euro 85k (USD 100K).. I‘ll go into hibernation mode now and hope to not think about my Tasman Blue 110 with white roof… ;-( for the next 3 month…

Old 09-01-2021, 06:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Curious why you did not get your mud flaps or wheel arch extensions as port installs as well? I gotta imagine your dealer is going to cost more to install.

I requested my sales rep to add both the front under shield and the classic mud flaps as a port install. He only added the front under shield. When I asked him why he didn't add the mud flaps as a port install his answer was that his dealership could sell them installed them for $750. The port install price, including the parts, is $350. I asked him to match the price since we have an email chain with written proof I requested it back in March. His response was that he cant amend LR timelines and they wont match the price. I ordered some from a dealer in NJ and going to install myself.
Who knows. The invoice amount for the front and rear mudflaps is like $250.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Ace7711
SA gave me a call and he can not understand why. He doesn‘t know how JLR prioritises the orders
No, he certainly doesn't.

Dealers get an allocation of vehicles and they can spec them out for inventory or they can customize them for a customer.

Allocated vehicles have build dates. Once they've committed their allocations, they can try an open order but LR is not accepting those orders now.

This is what my local dealership had as available to customize (unsold) allocation as of last month.

I could take the X HSE and change the color, option it out, and get a delivery date. I can NOT order an SE X-Dynamic because they do not have one allocated. In that case, I would have to find another dealer who does and shop for one who has it closer in the queue.

This is also why some people say "oh, mine only took 3 months". They simply got an allocation that was close to the build date.

The following 3 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Ace7711 (09-01-2021), bobbyz95 (09-01-2021), Moretti (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 07:50 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
No, he certainly doesn't.

Dealers get an allocation of vehicles and they can spec them out for inventory or they can customize them for a customer.

Allocated vehicles have build dates. Once they've committed their allocations, they can try an open order but LR is not accepting those orders now.

This is what my local dealership had as available to customize (unsold) allocation as of last month.

snip...

I could take the X HSE and change the color, option it out, and get a delivery date. I can NOT order an SE X-Dynamic because they do not have one allocated. In that case, I would have to find another dealer who does and shop for one who has it closer in the queue.

This is also why some people say "oh, mine only took 3 months". They simply got an allocation that was close to the build date.
Yeah exactly this. Absolutely anyone who wants to order a Defender for the forseeable future needs to shop around (higher volume dealers are probably best) and find dealers who have lot allocations set up that aren't already spoken for, for the model/drivetrain you want. For example after waiting 6 weeks at a very small JLR dealership I found one state over a big JLR dealer who had one 110S left in their next batch that no one had already claimed. So I put down a deposit and the dealer customized for me this past Saturday, last amend date is today, build date 10/1, delivery if things stay on track in November. If I had waited for my first tiny dealership to be able to submit my order, it could have taken until 2022 just to start the process for real.

The annoying thing is that not all dealers share this info. I had to find out from a combination of online resources like this forum and a very helpful dealer salesman 1000 miles away via email in Jacksonville, FL

The following 3 users liked this post by Mcdooogs:
Ace7711 (09-01-2021), bobbyz95 (09-01-2021), _Allegedly (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 08:37 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti

The price listed on my build sheet is $350, so I hope my mud flaps are being installed at port.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:16 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
Yeah exactly this. Absolutely anyone who wants to order a Defender for the forseeable future needs to shop around (higher volume dealers are probably best) and find dealers who have lot allocations set up that aren't already spoken for, for the model/drivetrain you want. For example after waiting 6 weeks at a very small JLR dealership I found one state over a big JLR dealer who had one 110S left in their next batch that no one had already claimed. So I put down a deposit and the dealer customized for me this past Saturday, last amend date is today, build date 10/1, delivery if things stay on track in November. If I had waited for my first tiny dealership to be able to submit my order, it could have taken until 2022 just to start the process for real.

The annoying thing is that not all dealers share this info. I had to find out from a combination of online resources like this forum and a very helpful dealer salesman 1000 miles away via email in Jacksonville, FL
Thanks I'll see if a larger dealer works better and if here in Germany it works the way as in the US.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now