2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Moretti! Picked mine up yesterday after ordering early April. Great to get the new "WARWGN" home.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

If I didn't get the Defender, I would have gotten the RR Sport.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
My 22 XS defender has arrived at my local dealership after yesterday. Order was confirmed mid March.

Per my sales rep all items ordered have arrived. He also stated paperwork shows the activity key arrived. I wont pick it up till late next week so I wont find out till then if that is all true.
Wow, that did take a long time. Is waiting until next week to pick it up driving you crazy? I seemed to calm down a bit once I knew the truck had landed at port.

Old 09-09-2021, 12:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

My 22 XS defender has arrived at my local dealership after yesterday. Order was confirmed mid March.

Per my sales rep all items ordered have arrived. He also stated paperwork shows the activity key arrived. I wont pick it up till late next week so I wont find out till then if that is all true.
When you say order confirmed... Is that factory accepted? Curious what your allocated build date was assigned? or when you say order accepted that's when you gave your Sales Associate your order spec? I'm only asking because my dealer is stating I will not see my Defender for another 6-9 months... but I know I'm #9 of a list of other people waiting for a build allocation. So maybe my 6-9 months will be actually longer? Hope not.

Old 09-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

The LR Dealer that I am going thru emailed me a document showing my order and advising that today (9/9/2021) it has been submitted to Land Rover. He says i should have the first iteration of the important dates within a week.

The document I received does show the Heads Up Display, the Interactive Driver Display as standard on my 2022 90X.
It shows the Activity Key, the 11.4 Touchscreen, the Wheel Arch Extensions, the Three Zone Climate Control, the Tow Pack, the Cold Climate Pack, the Extended Black Exterior Pack, the 20” Style 5094 Wheels, the Dark Oak Veneer, the Basic Interior Protection/Storage Pack as options that I am including.
The Front & Rear Mudflaps, the Crossbars, and the Side Steps will be added by the Dealer once it arrives.

It is still going to be a long wait but it seems to be one step closer.

Last edited by 4x4 DAVE; 09-10-2021 at 02:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 4x4 DAVE:
n4v4nod (09-09-2021), Simon14 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Finally!! Glad to hear. Certainly admire your patience and hope it has indeed been rewarded with everything you wanted in it. Hope to see you disappear from the forum for some time to spend quality time enjoying the car.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:18 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by WARWGN
Congrats Moretti! Picked mine up yesterday after ordering early April. Great to get the new "WARWGN" home.
Thank you. Congrats on yours as well. Any mods planned? Have you shared any photos yet?

Originally Posted by clubguy
Wow, that did take a long time. Is waiting until next week to pick it up driving you crazy? I seemed to calm down a bit once I knew the truck had landed at port.
Well that is a great question. I was not in a hurry to order as I started musing with buying a defender last summer (going on forums, watching lots of youtube videos etc). I first went to see one in October 2020 but didn't get to test drive both a p300 and p400 concurrently till January 2021. My original order for a my21 went in the first week of February after I debated what to order for a couple weeks. I got a little anxious when I placed the new order to the XS model a month later and even more anxious once the build got delayed six weeks and there was talk about not being able to get certain components (like the larger screen etc). Once it was built and onto the boat I felt a lot better since the boat had a pretty serious timeline that I was confident it would keep. Of course I tracked its location almost every day when it was in range (I didnt pay for the satellite tracking, Im not a savage.)

Waiting another week does not feel like the biggest deal because life is very hectic right now. The wait is mostly to accommodate my wife as she is out of town till middle of next week. Since she has also been riding this emotional roller coaster with me I figured that was only fair for her to be a part of the big reveal.

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
When you say order confirmed... Is that factory accepted? Curious what your allocated build date was assigned? or when you say order accepted that's when you gave your Sales Associate your order spec? I'm only asking because my dealer is stating I will not see my Defender for another 6-9 months... but I know I'm #9 of a list of other people waiting for a build allocation. So maybe my 6-9 months will be actually longer? Hope not.
Yes confirmed=factory accepted. My order situation is not typical as I switched orders about 1.5 months in due to the change from model year 21 to model year 22. I originally had put in an order the first week of February 2021 for a my21 HSE. About 5 days later or so I got notice the order had been accepted by JLR. A week after that my sales rep told me it was probable that order would be converted to a my22 HSE. First week of March 2021 my sales rep told me it had been converted to a my22 HSE. I asked him what was new for the model year 22. He told me not much. He mentioned there was a V8 model 100K+ that was outside my budget. I did research here. Found out there was also a new XS model that was cheaper than the HSE. The my22 HSE had increased in price in the $4k range. The XS saved me that $4k. I didnt want to pay the extra $4k simply for going to a my22. I asked to switch to an XS model. My sales rep took a couple weeks thinking they could amend the first order but they found out they can only edit options for an HSE and not go to a different model. So he told me that they would either create a new order or swap me to a retail order. The first VISTA print I received it said retail order under customer instead of my name, so I am guessing they swapped me into an order they had put in sometime in March. I think I got the vista print at the third week of march. About a month later in April is when the order was updated to show the build date, the ETA for delivery etc. I am guessing the order was accepted within a 1-2 week time period.

Now my experience of ordering seemed to be before JLR really started suffering a strain on all their supply lines. My build date did get pushed out a month from the original date. The delivery ETA at one point was last week in October. So in some ways they did seem to prioritize getting it finished.

Originally Posted by Juancl
Finally!! Glad to hear. Certainly admire your patience and hope it has indeed been rewarded with everything you wanted in it. Hope to see you disappear from the forum for some time to spend quality time enjoying the car.
Thanks Juan. We are planning a trip possibly over into Utah or Northern Cali this fall. The nice camping season is coming to an end for this year as the weather is going to turn wet here soon. I have several mods I am working on that will keep me busy for a bit. :-)

The following 3 users liked this post by Moretti:
Ace7711 (09-10-2021), bobbyz95 (09-09-2021), n4v4nod (09-09-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you. Congrats on yours as well. Any mods planned? Have you shared any photos yet?

Well that is a great question. I was not in a hurry to order as I started musing with buying a defender last summer (going on forums, watching lots of youtube videos etc). I first went to see one in October 2020 but didn't get to test drive both a p300 and p400 concurrently till January 2021. My original order for a my21 went in the first week of February after I debated what to order for a couple weeks. I got a little anxious when I placed the new order to the XS model a month later and even more anxious once the build got delayed six weeks and there was talk about not being able to get certain components (like the larger screen etc). Once it was built and onto the boat I felt a lot better since the boat had a pretty serious timeline that I was confident it would keep. Of course I tracked its location almost every day when it was in range (I didnt pay for the satellite tracking, Im not a savage.)

Waiting another week does not feel like the biggest deal because life is very hectic right now. The wait is mostly to accommodate my wife as she is out of town till middle of next week. Since she has also been riding this emotional roller coaster with me I figured that was only fair for her to be a part of the big reveal.

Yes confirmed=factory accepted. My order situation is not typical as I switched orders about 1.5 months in due to the change from model year 21 to model year 22. I originally had put in an order the first week of February 2021 for a my21 HSE. About 5 days later or so I got notice the order had been accepted by JLR. A week after that my sales rep told me it was probable that order would be converted to a my22 HSE. First week of March 2021 my sales rep told me it had been converted to a my22 HSE. I asked him what was new for the model year 22. He told me not much. He mentioned there was a V8 model 100K+ that was outside my budget. I did research here. Found out there was also a new XS model that was cheaper than the HSE. The my22 HSE had increased in price in the $4k range. The XS saved me that $4k. I didnt want to pay the extra $4k simply for going to a my22. I asked to switch to an XS model. My sales rep took a couple weeks thinking they could amend the first order but they found out they can only edit options for an HSE and not go to a different model. So he told me that they would either create a new order or swap me to a retail order. The first VISTA print I received it said retail order under customer instead of my name, so I am guessing they swapped me into an order they had put in sometime in March. I think I got the vista print at the third week of march. About a month later in April is when the order was updated to show the build date, the ETA for delivery etc. I am guessing the order was accepted within a 1-2 week time period.

Now my experience of ordering seemed to be before JLR really started suffering a strain on all their supply lines. My build date did get pushed out a month from the original date. The delivery ETA at one point was last week in October. So in some ways they did seem to prioritize getting it finished.

Thanks Juan. We are planning a trip possibly over into Utah or Northern Cali this fall. The nice camping season is coming to an end for this year as the weather is going to turn wet here soon. I have several mods I am working on that will keep me busy for a bit. :-)
Congrats! I’m dying over here on the wait - I got word my truck is still at port although the delivery date was supposed to be today. Who knows how much longer this is going to go on….

Old 09-10-2021, 10:37 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tkiel
Congrats! I’m dying over here on the wait - I got word my truck is still at port although the delivery date was supposed to be today. Who knows how much longer this is going to go on….
How long has yours been at port Tkiel? I’m hoping for not too long waiting at port.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:44 PM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If anyone is interested my dealership (LR Denver) was able to submit our 2022 Defender S 110 build today. Dates given were:

Order Submitted Date: September 10, 2021
Build Date: November 19, 2021
Delivery Date: February 4, 2022

The wait begins!

The following 3 users liked this post by GoldfishFK3:
KidWagon (09-11-2021), n4v4nod (09-11-2021), Simon14 (09-10-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now