2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 12:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 461 Likes on 232 Posts

It is interesting that every Series vehicle and Defender I owned made money, a lot of money, when I sold them. Even back when, before having a Land Rover was cool, but merrily eccentric. I don't expect that will be the case with this one. It is just all cars that are built with a lot of plastic in them are not to terribly maintainable after 10 years. Has a bit to do with the EU mandating that plastics start to recycle themselves after 10 years. Most automakers do not supply parts for much after 10 years. So getting a replacement dash or door card will be a problem. Old Defenders, a door card, you could make it yourself. New ones, not so much so. That and all the connectors start to crumble in your hand as the cars age out.

It appears I got everything I ordered but the Activity Key (which I found one on Ebay for $70). However it remains to be seen by my eyes, vice a printout. My truck is in the hands of the stevedores, or as some know them; recently paroled felons (my half brother is a stevedore and paroled felon). So lets see how long it takes to walk from Port Hueneme to Phoenix. Apparently JLR's unit there works at a fairly leisurely pace. There is not extra markup on it, like Florida. The dealers are not all bad in Florida. When I lived there, they gave me a new loaner every month for a year while my wife's Disco had a part on intergalactic back order. Part of that BMW-Ford transition debacle. They even gave me a nicely logo festooned cooler (never actually used it, kind of embarrassing) and recovery kit. Then again, I hear you can't even get a hat now. They gave me a hat when I got the last Range Rover, not that I wear it, its white!

Old 01-27-2022, 09:06 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else have an order on the Morning Lena that just docked in CA? My dealership here in Denver said my order should be here in 10-14 days if that is helpful to anyone. Excited about finally taking delivery soon!

Old 01-27-2022, 10:17 AM
Rock Crawling

I just got s note from the dealer that it is on the ground, after being driven off the Morning Lena. This is what he sent this morning:

It is now showing “Offline In Port”. I suspect it is in need of a software update that 2 other Defenders have been sitting at the port waiting for for 2 weeks now. We’re trying to get a release date so assuming that is the case.

So, I guess two weeks is consistent. The leisurely pace does seem to be a thing.

Old 01-27-2022, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the 2022 V8 model had the tan interior as an option or was that added in 23? Thanks

Old 01-27-2022, 06:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by abarbs30
Does anyone know if the 2022 V8 model had the tan interior as an option or was that added in 23? Thanks
That was just added to the 23

Old 01-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterloo
Sorry, I should be more clear. The only interior available in 22 was the black w/ (a version of) alcantara. In 23 they added the choice of several different leather interiors. I would have gone with the black Windsor leather if my V8 was pushed to 23.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterloo
thanks!

Old 01-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Rock Crawling

I found what is actually causing my Defender to pay monthly for its parking space at the port. It seems there is a cable they needed for the Privi-Pro system screen (I have the large one). So once that cable makes it to the JLR unit there at the port, they will ship it to Scottsdale. Don't really know why it has to wait there for the cable, aside from the fact they would have to pay the dealer to clip it in. Most likely 10 hours at $220 an hour, like the mud flaps, geeze. Now, unlike what the folks in Florida have been reporting about surcharges, I got my final bill and I got a rebate! It was to offset the price increase that occurred during my build. Now that is kind of cool. It was sad that this dealer does not give the military appreciation discount, some do, so ask. It seems they all keep it a secret. I only found two that admitted it: one in New York and one in Pennsylvania. Of course there may be others. These rebates and discounts from retailers are pretty much the only VA benefit I get for being an unwilling target for so many projectiles sent my way. Honda gave me $500 off my ATV/tow tractor, that was totally un-expected.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dogpilot:
bobbyz95 (01-28-2022), MacMia (01-28-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 09:21 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone here in the southeastern US that had their defender come through Brunswick? My defender entered the market distribution stage as of yesterday. Any idea how much longer I’ve got until delivery? Dealer isn’t giving very clear answers.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:19 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Congratulations- that is just stunning. Love the contrast between the gloss and
matte. My 110 Fuji white 110 X- Dynamic HSE arrives any day now in Msp from Baltimore. It is going straight to a detailer for full PPF - matte on white, clear on gloss and ceramic coating. I love the darker colored Defenders like yours in matte. Have never seen a matte white one so can’t wait. Again, your car looks awesome!

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now