Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 05:47 PM
Drifting
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb
I had a build date of 4/20, so I'm guessing mine is on that boat too! Any updates from your dealer on if it will arrive ahead of 7/2? Seems like an awfully long time...
Unfortunately not, you would think they would have an idea when it would be ready to hand over but the dealer is extremely bad at relaying accurate info. I was actually surprised when they had the name of the ship. I would be mad but I’ve read stories on this forum of folks having a much worse dealer experience.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,402 Likes on 689 Posts

Today (5/7) was my Build Date, for a 3/25 order of an X-Dynamic SE P400 D110. Called the dealer expecting to hear a sad tale of chip delays, only to be told it was built a while ago and sits right now at a dock in England awaiting a ship to the Colonies. Woohoo! Dealer's expecting 30 days rather than the forecast delivery of 7/2. And I am dealing with the ordering guru, not my salesperson, so I believe his data is accurate, as far as can be.

Really glad I didn't order the big screen...

Old 05-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Drifting
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Today (5/7) was my Build Date, for a 3/25 order of an X-Dynamic SE P400 D110. Called the dealer expecting to hear a sad tale of chip delays, only to be told it was built a while ago and sits right now at a dock in England awaiting a ship to the Colonies. Woohoo! Dealer's expecting 30 days rather than the forecast delivery of 7/2. And I am dealing with the ordering guru, not my salesperson, so I believe his data is accurate, as far as can be.

Congrats! Nothing beats good delivery news!

Old 05-07-2021, 03:10 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Chad801
Congrats! Nothing beats good delivery news!
Aint that the truth! I've only ordered 3 cars -- Wrangler, Porsche and now the LR -- and if this one comes in as expected all three will have beaten the estimate by at least two weeks. I can get behind that sort of under-promise-over-deliver model!

Old 05-07-2021, 04:22 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I placed my order on April 17th, and haven't heard a thing since. Should I be proactive and ask if there is a build date yet? I'd like to be kept up to speed on the process and have the option to have accessories installed at the port if necessary. I'm not supposed to get mine until August but would be very happy if it came in before the 4th of July.

Old 05-07-2021, 04:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
I placed my order on April 17th, and haven't heard a thing since. Should I be proactive and ask if there is a build date yet? I'd like to be kept up to speed on the process and have the option to have accessories installed at the port if necessary. I'm not supposed to get mine until August but would be very happy if it came in before the 4th of July.
I placed my order on 4/23 and spoke to dealer today. They said they are hoping for early august but cannot confirm date yet.

It is a P400 w/ Larger screen. I was originally quoted for sept/oct with the large screen so august delivery was good news!

Old 05-08-2021, 07:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 681 Likes on 409 Posts

Today (5/7) was my Build Date, for a 3/25 order of an X-Dynamic SE P400 D110. Called the dealer expecting to hear a sad tale of chip delays, only to be told it was built a while ago and sits right now at a dock in England awaiting a ship to the Colonies. Woohoo! Dealer's expecting 30 days rather than the forecast delivery of 7/2. And I am dealing with the ordering guru, not my salesperson, so I believe his data is accurate, as far as can be. Really glad I didn't order the big screen...
Probably sitting on a dock in Koper, not England. Hopefully your ordering guru knows these are built in Slovakia.

https://www.transportjournal.com/en/...-by-train.html

Old 05-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by PaulLR
Probably sitting on a dock in Koper, not England. Hopefully your ordering guru knows these are built in Slovakia.

https://www.transportjournal.com/en/...-by-train.html
He does, we had already discussed the closing of the plants in England and the Defender plant in Slovakia still being open. I don't know if he just misspoke and said England because that's what he's used to saying when he answers these questions, or if for some reason they are currently transporting to England first, although I can't imagine why they would.

Cheers!

Old 05-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

He does, we had already discussed the closing of the plants in England and the Defender plant in Slovakia still being open. I don't know if he just misspoke and said England because that's what he's used to saying when he answers these questions, or if for some reason they are currently transporting to England first, although I can't imagine why they would.

Cheers!
They actually all start their Atlantic crossing out of Southhampton. They apparently put them on a train from Nitra to the UK and load them on a ship there. Koper does not seem to be used for US/Americas bound cars.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:51 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Juancl
They actually all start their Atlantic crossing out of Southhampton. They apparently put them on a train from Nitra to the UK and load them on a ship there. Koper does not seem to be used for US/Americas bound cars.
Ahh, okay then. We'll give my dealer points for accuracy if you are correct. Thanks!

Now I just hope my truck can quickly book passage to the New World, and that the ship out of Southampton doesn't hit an iceberg!

The following users liked this post:
bobbyz95 (05-09-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now