Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 03:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Just spoke with my Sales rep and he provided an updated delivery date of 9/17/21. The last update I had was about three weeks ago and the delivery date was 8/27/2021. I was reading a number of posts where the dates were moving ahead of the previous schedule, but now its three weeks later for me. My sales rep referenced a slow vaccine rollout in Europe. No idea if thats the reason for the delay or purely conjecture.
@Moretti at this point, it probably would not hurt to look at other dealers and potentially find an existing allocation that they can still configure and therefore get an accelerated timeline. I definitely admire your patience, I would have probably flipped on your CA already....

Old 05-12-2021, 04:02 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
@Moretti at this point, it probably would not hurt to look at other dealers and potentially find an existing allocation that they can still configure and therefore get an accelerated timeline. I definitely admire your patience, I would have probably flipped on your CA already....
I am not really in that big of a hurry to be honest. The defender I have ordered is spec'd exactly to what I wanted which is more important than rushing to get another one. Ive already been waiting 3+ months and the time has flown by. The dealer has a 5k non refundable deposit which would I could never justify walking from to buy an alternative defender from somewhere else.

My build is already locked at this point. It might have shifted with the delivery date getting pushed back. Its supposed to be built in about a month.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,402 Likes on 689 Posts

^^ Wow, how to you explain that? Did you order something super unusual? My 3/25 order was sitting on the dock in England last week waiting for a boat.

I understand your position of not wanting to change things up and I’m not advising that — just curious how yours has already been 5 months and is now looking like another 5, when mine should be 2.5 months from order to drive home.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:44 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
^^ Wow, how to you explain that? Did you order something super unusual? My 3/25 order was sitting on the dock in England last week waiting for a boat.

I understand your position of not wanting to change things up and I’m not advising that — just curious how yours has already been 5 months and is now looking like another 5, when mine should be 2.5 months from order to drive home.
I ordered mine at the beginning of February. I ordered a my21 hse. It got switched over to a my22 and the price jumped up in the $3k to $4k range. My sales rep was not terribly quick to get in touch with me for the transition from my21 to my22 but I believe they simply updated my previous order to a my22. The problem with that is that I wanted to switch from the HSE to the new my22 XS special edition model (saved me a few thousand and has several other upgrades included as standard). That was a little frustrating as we found out you can not revise the model once the order has been confirmed. Because of that they had to put in a new order to get me an XS model. That order did not go in till sometime near the end of March. At the time due to requesting the larger screen my sales rep stated it would likely not be till September that I got the vehicle. So in fairness we are still in the same ballpark as they indicated.

I am on the US west coast which seems to add about a month to shipping. Also FWIW my original order was set to be delivered sometime in July, but that was with the smaller screen. I was told if I ordered the larger screen it would still be delivered closer to September. I think JLR is prioritizing the defender and they might have made up some time with the larger screen requests.

Your time is very quick. I would have to imagine your dealer placed you into an existing order that could still be modified. Its possible their allocation placed them in relatively higher priority as well. The system for ordering does not seem to be very straight forward.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:18 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Soooo, I had to give deposit and I volunteered a $5k payment, they were surprised, they (LR Tacoma) actually told me I didn't need to pat a deposit, but I've bought several vehicles there. I think I picked up someone else's order and revised it to my specs, ordered in July, received Oct 31. I think it was originally slated for early October. On the 2020 HSE which I have, I tried to load it as much as possible with options that made sense. The only dumb think I did was ordered "off road tires", they were a joke, Goodyear Wranglers. I have now put on Falken's, work much better and look better, but the Goodyears wear like iron!
I've also added on the roof crossbars, classic mudflaps, fender opening protectors (?), and few other interior items, storage, lighting etc. And just got a body colored tire cover. I find that getting these items from the UK is probably quicker and definitely less money even including shipping.

Last edited by charlypm; 05-12-2021 at 08:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chad801 (05-13-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 08:27 PM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
I am not really in that big of a hurry to be honest. The defender I have ordered is spec'd exactly to what I wanted which is more important than rushing to get another one. Ive already been waiting 3+ months and the time has flown by. The dealer has a 5k non refundable deposit which would I could never justify walking from to buy an alternative defender from somewhere else.
”Non-Refundable”? Man that’s brutal. What dealer is that?
I’m also west coast but my $5k deposit is fully refundable (JLR Newport). June build, August delivery.

Last edited by dj200; 05-12-2021 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:47 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by dj200
”Non-Refundable”? Man that’s brutal. What dealer is that?
I’m also west coast but my $5k deposit is fully refundable (JLR Newport). June build, August delivery.
Portland. I reached out to Land Rover Bellevue which I believe is under the same ownership that owns Land Rover Seattle. They also had a $5k non refundable deposit. They did say it would be returned if there was an error in the order. They quoted me 4 months on time once the order was placed.

My current order had shown a June build with an end of August delivery. It would be interesting to see if your build was pushed back three weeks like mine was. Were you a June 11th build?

Old 05-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

They actually moved me up twice. First was August build, then July, now June 18.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:33 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am bamboozled as to how can you get a June order deliver in August ?

Mine is April build July end … and it came off of production line in 10 days, which I think is very quick.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 681 Likes on 409 Posts

Good to hear that Defender orders are moving along. Need to dump another $1K into our LR4 for front brake calipers that are dragging and have warped 3 sets of rotors in 3 months. My wife loves our LR4 but after 8 years and 132,000 miles it's time to move on. Have narrowed it down to another Defender or an X5. Although built in SC, X5 orders have a similar timeframe to Defender orders due to supply chain issues.

Anyone here own an X5 M50i? Test drove one yesterday...that thing is a monster and belongs on a track. Almost difficult to drive in normal traffic. If we order an X5 it will be the M40i. Also test drove a Range Rover Sport which she hated. Dislike began with the thin hard plastic steering wheel with chrome inlay, followed by the slow outdated infotainment screen and then the ride and handling which she described as "clumsy & clunky". I agree as the X5 ride and handling were superior. The next redesigned RRS model is long overdue.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now