Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 681 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by jim1
You and I think alike! I built my X5 M50i today and am sending it to my dealer Monday. I’m keeping my deposit in on the Defender and am hopeful it may be here in a year.
jim1, we came over to your side. Going to order an X5 M50i as well. Defender delivery time is too uncertain and X5 40i has too many unavailable options. Problem solved.

The following users liked this post:
jim1 (08-20-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 01:10 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I placed my order 3/7/21 and according to Vista my 110 was built on 6/22/21. I too have been struggling to get information out of the dealer. I asked for an update on July 21st and was told " it's on a boat " with August 10th delivery. I contacted them again last week because I hadn't heard anything further. Now they say it was never on a boat and has a new 8/27/21 delivery date. Now I'm wondering if my truck is still in Nitra or if it made it to South Hampton. Is there anyway to tell in Vista?

Old 08-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian95rrc
I placed my order 3/7/21 and according to Vista my 110 was built on 6/22/21. I too have been struggling to get information out of the dealer. I asked for an update on July 21st and was told " it's on a boat " with August 10th delivery. I contacted them again last week because I hadn't heard anything further. Now they say it was never on a boat and has a new 8/27/21 delivery date. Now I'm wondering if my truck is still in Nitra or if it made it to South Hampton. Is there anyway to tell in Vista?
I would imagine that follows under the "status" section within the vista site. If it was on a boat then it lists the ship name etc. You can scroll up some and see someone who posted a screen shot of what the vista page looks like.

One thing that I am not totally sold on is that they have some way of group containment and the same update is pushed for all vehicles within that block regardless if something changed and yours missed the proverbial boat or not.

We have seen people saying similar things to what you said that lead me to believe that some of the information coming out of JLR might be misleading. Its a bit of a toss up as it seems a lot on the dealer side are either clueless or simply don't care about telling you the truth.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:21 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Moretti
I would imagine that follows under the "status" section within the vista site. If it was on a boat then it lists the ship name etc. You can scroll up some and see someone who posted a screen shot of what the vista page looks like.

One thing that I am not totally sold on is that they have some way of group containment and the same update is pushed for all vehicles within that block regardless if something changed and yours missed the proverbial boat or not.

We have seen people saying similar things to what you said that lead me to believe that some of the information coming out of JLR might be misleading. Its a bit of a toss up as it seems a lot on the dealer side are either clueless or simply don't care about telling you the truth.
My order in Vista. I'm not sure what you're considering the status area. The only thing I could imagine has more detail as to where my car is might be the event history log link.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:37 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

ok Mine was built on 6/10 with an original arrival date of 8/8. Then they said 8/20. Then they said due to the flooding in Germany, the railway was washed out and pushed the delivery date out until September. Today I got an email stating that the vehicle is on the ship named THERMOPLAE and is set to arrive on 8/20 at the dealer. Woo Hoo!

Old 08-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by clubguy
ok Mine was built on 6/10 with an original arrival date of 8/8. Then they said 8/20. Then they said due to the flooding in Germany, the railway was washed out and pushed the delivery date out until September. Today I got an email stating that the vehicle is on the ship named THERMOPLAE and is set to arrive on 8/20 at the dealer. Woo Hoo!
So if they are actually real time tracking the vehicle, then it had to be loaded somewhere other than South Hampton. The ship is currently on the way to South Hampton. I'm doubtful it's actually on the ship yet.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

One of each on order
07/14/2020 Reservation - Wildtrak with Black Modular Top
&
07/06/2021 Ordered - Defender 90 X

Which one gets here first is the multi thousand $ question?

Last edited by 4x4 DAVE; 08-10-2021 at 08:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jared34 (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

So if they are actually real time tracking the vehicle, then it had to be loaded somewhere other than South Hampton. The ship is currently on the way to South Hampton. I'm doubtful it's actually on the ship yet.
According to what I see, that ship started sailing from Belgium and is heading to Southampton. I just emailed the dealer to see if it changes ships in Southamptom before coming to the US.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

My order in Vista. I'm not sure what you're considering the status area. The only thing I could imagine has more detail as to where my car is might be the event history log link.
The status area is below logistics. From that screen shot I can see you can scroll down. If you did you will see it.

Did your dealer send that to you or are consumers able to login to the site as well?

Old 08-09-2021, 10:12 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Moretti
The status area is below logistics. From that screen shot I can see you can scroll down. If you did you will see it.

Did your dealer send that to you or are consumers able to login to the site as well?
I requested a screen shot from the dealer. Even my sales guide doesn't have his own access to Vista, which I think is ridiculous.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now