Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 04:33 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Towing Package:
I'm happy that I ordered with the towing package and it would be a big job to do after you get the car. Plus, you get the traction settings to compliment the off road pack.
Clearsight Mirror:
I've become a really big fan of the clearsight mirror. The mirror works like a normal one and the ability to use the camera when loaded down for a long road trip is handy. It takes some time to get used to looking at.
Onboard Air compressor:
I also installed the air compressor after I took delivery. It was tricky, but following the PowerfulUK video and looking at the manual made it a couple of hours job. I use it all the time for tires and pool floats. No more driving around looking for air after getting off the beach with aired down tires.

A few cons based on options that I have on your list.
6110 19" Wheels:
The 19" wheels look great, but you only have three tire choices. I'd like something more aggressive than A/T (Adventure) but less so than M/T A/T (Duratrac), but that's the only choice you have.
Fog Lights:
I don't feel like the fog lights are very good on this car. I'm considering adding LEDs to the front to help when I need the extra light or in lower light off road conditions.

Last edited by bcstar; 07-12-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:01 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

The Duratracs aren't really M/T... More like aggressive A/Ts, or perhaps hybrids. The tread isn't really chunky enough to qualify as a serious M/T. Great tire, though.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Seems like its just a matter of time.....JLR was slow to pull the trigger on recalling the smoked lights and those represent a much smaller percentage of effected vehicles...
The NHTSA is aware of the non-smoked light issue as well. However JLR has not instituted a recall through NHTSA so it could be awhile until they are required to expand the recall. I'd imagine every NAS vehicle has the same issue, just many owners are not aware of it. That said, if JLR is aware of the issue and someone is rear ended at night....the lawyers will have a field day.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 04:51 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bcstar
Towing Package:
I'm happy that I ordered with the towing package and it would be a big job to do after you get the car. Plus, you get the traction settings to compliment the off road pack.
Clearsight Mirror:
I've become a really big fan of the clearsight mirror. The mirror works like a normal one and the ability to use the camera when loaded down for a long road trip is handy. It takes some time to get used to looking at.
Onboard Air compressor:
I also installed the air compressor after I took delivery. It was tricky, but following the PowerfulUK video and looking at the manual made it a couple of hours job. I use it all the time for tires and pool floats. No more driving around looking for air after getting off the beach with aired down tires.

A few cons based on options that I have on your list.
6110 19" Wheels:
The 19" wheels look great, but you only have three tire choices. I'd like something more aggressive than A/T (Adventure) but less so than M/T A/T (Duratrac), but that's the only choice you have.
Fog Lights:
I don't feel like the fog lights are very good on this car. I'm considering adding LEDs to the front to help when I need the extra light or in lower light off road conditions.

Car looks great. How's the roof rack and the wind noise? I want to do the compressor too, but I also watched the PowerfulUK video...what a big job that is.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:15 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
Car looks great. How's the roof rack and the wind noise? I want to do the compressor too, but I also watched the PowerfulUK video...what a big job that is.
I’ve actually been impressed how quiet the rack is while driving. Once you hit 75 mph, it’s noisy but not bad below that.

The compressor is a fun one, especially if you have 3rd row air and upgraded sound. Both of those add more to take out during the install.

The following users liked this post:
drcoop (07-14-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 06:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

From a few sources it does appear to be a fact that Defender production has been halted. That said my dealer still took my order (and a deposit) for a Defender X 90.
No telling when or if I will see the one I have tried to order.
Its a different world out there guys and girls.

https://www.roverparts.com/roverlog-...er-production/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/l...ctor-shortage/

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-chip-shortage

Last edited by 4x4 DAVE; 07-13-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:47 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 DAVE
From a few sources it does appear to be a fact that Defender production has been halted. That said my dealer still took my order (and a deposit) for a Defender X 90.
I have a VIN number...it's waiting to board a ship at the port. I ordered the 110 xDynamic SE in Carpathian Grey.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:38 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 DAVE

https://www.roverparts.com/roverlog-...er-production/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/l...ctor-shortage/

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-chip-shortage
First post here, long time listener, first time caller.

Order my 2022 Defender on May 28th, the vehicle was already allocated to the dealer as a unit for inventory but they made the changes I wanted and made it a sold order. The build date was scheduled for 7/16 and an estimated dealer arrival of 9/14. I emailed the dealer after I read those articles last week and they told me there was no delays showing in their system and the car is still slated to come on time.

Do I believe them? Not really. I work at a franchised dealership and would be surprised if I get the car by November at this juncture. However I'm still optimistic, it will be my 3rd Land Rover but my first brand new one.

Old 07-15-2021, 06:55 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
I have a VIN number...it's waiting to board a ship at the port. I ordered the 110 xDynamic SE in Carpathian Grey.
when did you order? 2021 or 2022?

my dealer is a bit in the dark too, they told me an order today is looking at a November-January ‘22 delivery

Old 07-15-2021, 07:27 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Just for the Macro-Economists out there tracking when your truck will be delivered, let me give you some more data points. I work in the world of Commercial trucks. The tractors that you see on the highway and occasionally curse are in the same boat. The commercial truck manufacturers essentially build almost all trucks "made to order". So getting on the "build book" is important. They too are having problems sourcing chips as well as components from 3rd parties that contain chips. There is the same shut down delaying delivery of trucks. Which kind of sucks because they are at the base layer of the supply chain. If you can't expand the delivery infrastructure, the bottleneck is going to be self-fulfilling.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now