2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 03:20 PM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, not sure. I got the 11.4 inch screen too but no electronic rear diff. Other options I added were the pano sunroof. clear sight mirror, adaptive cruise air suspension and cold climate pack.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by defendernoob
Hmm, not sure. I got the 11.4 inch screen too but no electronic rear diff. Other options I added were the pano sunroof. clear sight mirror, adaptive cruise air suspension and cold climate pack.
Thanks for posting. Gives me some hope on my latest delivery timeline! My order is pretty similar to what you’ve described minus the sunroof and cold climate pack.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:31 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Has anyone heard any news/rumors about the Defender’s factory reopening?

Old 07-21-2021, 07:45 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian95rrc
My dealer gave me an update a few weeks ago saying my 110 was built 6/27 and waiting for transport out of Nitra. Anyone else have a late June build date headed to the midwest or east coast? Unfortunately, it's like pulling teeth to get my dealer to give me any updates on delivery. Last update was 8/10-8/20 delivery.

I have a base P300 with 11.4 screen, so I'll be curious if it shows up with that screen.
Mine was builtin early mid-June and is still sitting, waiting to board a ship. Dealer said it should be on a ship this week....still waiting.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:23 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by tkiel
I was supposed to have a 6/24 build date with a 9/10 delivery to Chicago. Not sure if my P300 got built or not but I did have the larger screen in my build sheet. As of last week my dealer was sticking to the early Sept delivery date but I’m convinced it’s not going to happen.
Okay, so that's interesting. My dealer claimed that my P300 showed as built on 6/27. I'm going to try to get an update today from them. It's odd that you would have such a longer deliver time than me. I'm in St. Louis for reference.

At this point, if it is built my main concern is getting it before they recall all the non-smoked NA spec Defenders for the rear light issue. I think there will be a lot of cars sitting at dealers if that happens.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:47 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

110 S without large screen was built 6/29 due 8/20 in Boston. Sitting at port and dealer says it should be on boat soon!

Old 07-21-2021, 09:49 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by WARWGN
110 S without large screen was built 6/29 due 8/20 in Boston. Sitting at port and dealer says it should be on boat soon!
Mine is very similar - 110S with large screen due in Boston week of 8/28.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@efear - Do an Advanced search on the "Defender 2020" channel and the search term "recall". You'll find a ton. There's a legit recall on some US smoked tail lights. Hit it with a high beam (bright LED flashlights) and all the rear lights (brake, running, etc) shut off until the engine is restarted. No warning to the driver that everyone at night behind you can't see you. PowerfulUK on YouTube has a 2-3 video series on it. Some / many reporting the same on other rear lights (red lights, non-smoked, etc). No idea of the spread or how many vehicles impacted. It is widely spreading in the Defender community that it is likely a "thing" and there's speculation starting that there will be a wider recall eventually on it. Lots of dialog on all the bits & parts, views & opinions, breadth & depth.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 681 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@efear - Do an Advanced search on the "Defender 2020" channel and the search term "recall". You'll find a ton. There's a legit recall on some US smoked tail lights. Hit it with a high beam (bright LED flashlights) and all the rear lights (brake, running, etc) shut off until the engine is restarted. No warning to the driver that everyone at night behind you can't see you. PowerfulUK on YouTube has a 2-3 video series on it. Some / many reporting the same on other rear lights (red lights, non-smoked, etc). No idea of the spread or how many vehicles impacted. It is widely spreading in the Defender community that it is likely a "thing" and there's speculation starting that there will be a wider recall eventually on it. Lots of dialog on all the bits & parts, views & opinions, breadth & depth.
FWIW, I went and checked mine using a variety of high powered LED lights and I couldn't get mine to go out. I have the regular red tail lights on an X-Dynamic, not the smoked version.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:02 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
FWIW, I went and checked mine using a variety of high powered LED lights and I couldn't get mine to go out. I have the regular red tail lights on an X-Dynamic, not the smoked version.
Thats good news that not all of the red tail laights are impacted, when was your truck built? I wonder if they have actually fixed this in more recent builds, or you just got lucky?

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now