Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by defendernoob
Just to add another datapoint, mine is due in Boston on 8/28. No port installed accessories. Build date was mid-July.
My build date was 6/10. Not sure why they arrived on the same ship as yours...mine could have been here a month ago. Either way, it looks like I might not get it for 1 to 2 weeks after it arrives by ship.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:00 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Just to add another datapoint, mine is due in Boston on 8/28. No port installed accessories. Build date was mid-July.
Which ship is yours on?

Old 08-12-2021, 04:02 PM
Winching

For yall messing with Topix are you just putting your vin number in and searching for service campaigns? When I put my vin in there it says enter a complete VIN...I entered the 17 digit vin on the vista sheet...so not sure why that doesn't work...

Old 08-12-2021, 04:09 PM
Mudding
Received 270 Likes on 108 Posts

According to my dealer, port installed accessories are installed in Southampton, not in the US. He says they get the vehicles in a day or two after the ship docks.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:12 PM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Which ship is yours on?
that’s a good question. I don’t know which ship it’s on, I’m assuming the Thermopylae based on some of the responses on the thread. I’m trying to stick to emailing my dealer once in 2 weeks at the most so as to not annoy him too much.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by dj200
According to my dealer, port installed accessories are installed in Southampton, not in the US. He says they get the vehicles in a day or two after the ship docks.
heh that makes sense...I was also thinking they were US port installs.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Winching

that’s a good question. I don’t know which ship it’s on, I’m assuming the Thermopylae based on some of the responses on the thread. I’m trying to stick to emailing my dealer once in 2 weeks at the most so as to not annoy him too much.
I feel ya on that one. Too bad LR does not have a consumer site we can log into to see all the info without having to ask someone else for it...

Old 08-13-2021, 08:07 AM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
For yall messing with Topix are you just putting your vin number in and searching for service campaigns? When I put my vin in there it says enter a complete VIN...I entered the 17 digit vin on the vista sheet...so not sure why that doesn't work...
You have to sign up for an account and then enter your vin. There's really nothing there that's specific to your own vehicle. It's just service campaigns, bulletins, fixes for common Defender issues.

The following users liked this post:
Moretti (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 11:57 AM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

I was also assuming my Defender was on the Thermopylae (and have also been not bothering my very nice salesperson too much). My build was scheduled for 7/16 but I think it might have been a few days early. Un any case, he told me today that it's scheduled into Baltimore 8/23, so either it's an entirely different ship, or he's padding the timing a little. He's expecting it on the 28th or 29th after customs clearance (they're only a few hours away from Baltimore), so in any case, that's still a week earlier than expected!

Old 08-13-2021, 12:14 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by D-Fens
I was also assuming my Defender was on the Thermopylae (and have also been not bothering my very nice salesperson too much). My build was scheduled for 7/16 but I think it might have been a few days early. Un any case, he told me today that it's scheduled into Baltimore 8/23, so either it's an entirely different ship, or he's padding the timing a little. He's expecting it on the 28th or 29th after customs clearance (they're only a few hours away from Baltimore), so in any case, that's still a week earlier than expected!
FWIW mine was built on 7/16 and is on the Oberon. Its arriving in Savannah GA today. That seems unfortunate that yours will be arriving to the east coast later than mine arrives to the west coast. You should ask for the name of the ship.

The following users liked this post:
Ahparke (08-13-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now