Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 02:33 PM
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D-Fens
I was also assuming my Defender was on the Thermopylae (and have also been not bothering my very nice salesperson too much). My build was scheduled for 7/16 but I think it might have been a few days early. Un any case, he told me today that it's scheduled into Baltimore 8/23, so either it's an entirely different ship, or he's padding the timing a little. He's expecting it on the 28th or 29th after customs clearance (they're only a few hours away from Baltimore), so in any case, that's still a week earlier than expected!
My 110 was built on 7/23 with an original build date of 7/16. Dealer just let me know it is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on 8/23.

Original deliver date of 9/24, but appears to now be well ahead of schedule. Based on this information it appears to be on a ship named Honor (EB114-Hon) that is scheduled to leave Southampton today.

The following 2 users liked this post by TonyTommy:
Bsooudi (08-15-2021), D-Fens (08-13-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 04:13 PM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
FWIW mine was built on 7/16 and is on the Oberon. Its arriving in Savannah GA today. That seems unfortunate that yours will be arriving to the east coast later than mine arrives to the west coast. You should ask for the name of the ship.
I figure mine could have sat waiting on something option-wise that you didn't get, or maybe it was a disaster of needed repairs and post-build adjustments? After waiting over a year to try to get a Bronco, waiting two and a half months from order to delivery is fine with me. Just spoke with my sales person and with my final price, I verified I'm getting it for MSRP and no crazy dealer fees, so I'm happy. Looks like I'll have it just before Labor Day. I have plans for a day trip to Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive to help break it in.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:50 AM
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyTommy
My 110 was built on 7/23 with an original build date of 7/16. Dealer just let me know it is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on 8/23.

Original deliver date of 9/24, but appears to now be well ahead of schedule. Based on this information it appears to be on a ship named Honor (EB114-Hon) that is scheduled to leave Southampton today.
When you say 'built on 7/23' I assume it was completed on that date, am I right? Mine was build date 6/13 which I assume is start of build. Mine is still showing several issues in Topix. How do I find out the build complete date? I have to admit I am all confused and also worried. I am absolutely ready to refuse the vehicle with any outstanding issues.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 254 Likes on 156 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Moretti
FWIW mine was built on 7/16 and is on the Oberon. Its arriving in Savannah GA today. That seems unfortunate that yours will be arriving to the east coast later than mine arrives to the west coast. You should ask for the name of the ship.
Moretti I think we should have some kind of drinking party when you finally take delivery. I don't think anyone has spent more time in the configurator and taken more time to delivery than you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Chief65:
Ahparke (08-16-2021), Moretti (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 11:13 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Fens
I figure mine could have sat waiting on something option-wise that you didn't get, or maybe it was a disaster of needed repairs and post-build adjustments? After waiting over a year to try to get a Bronco, waiting two and a half months from order to delivery is fine with me. Just spoke with my sales person and with my final price, I verified I'm getting it for MSRP and no crazy dealer fees, so I'm happy. Looks like I'll have it just before Labor Day. I have plans for a day trip to Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive to help break it in.
Yes I think you are right, there are a lot of variables. Mine was supposed to get the front under shield as a port install. My dealer has not informed me if that happened or not which is not a surprise at this point. Hopefully you can get yours before your trip. That would be a great first experience! Cheers.

The following users liked this post:
D-Fens (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 11:15 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by kensk
When you say 'built on 7/23' I assume it was completed on that date, am I right? Mine was build date 6/13 which I assume is start of build. Mine is still showing several issues in Topix. How do I find out the build complete date? I have to admit I am all confused and also worried. I am absolutely ready to refuse the vehicle with any outstanding issues.
I think the built date is the day it was finished. Apparently topix does not provide specifics about your build, only issues that are common with your defender in general.

Your dealer/sales rep should be able to give you updated information via the vista system. Your defender will probably have some issues since many of the my20 model issues seem to still be occurring ( A pillar noise for one).

Old 08-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Chief65
Moretti I think we should have some kind of drinking party when you finally take delivery. I don't think anyone has spent more time in the configurator and taken more time to delivery than you.
LOL. This has been a long process especially since it started in November of 2020. It taking so long has not been that big of a deal but the delays and unknowns about the build being the most frustrating. Anyway time flies so fast now a days it seems crazy to think the big day is almost here!

Last edited by Moretti; 08-16-2021 at 04:27 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Moretti:
Ahparke (08-16-2021), Chief65 (08-16-2021), defendernoob (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 04:19 PM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

My dealer keep telling me that he's waiting on JLR to open up the ordering system for them to finally submit my order (it's been with the dealer for roughly a month). Does this sound legit? Does JLR throttle order creation?

Old 08-16-2021, 04:21 PM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
My dealer keep telling me that he's waiting on JLR to open up the ordering system for them to finally submit my order (it's been with the dealer for roughly a month). Does this sound legit? Does JLR throttle order creation?
Sounds right from what I know (my knowledge is limited as a customer). The dealer only has so many allotments per month, and their allotments must be all filled for right now.

The following users liked this post:
Mcdooogs (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 04:32 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
Originally Posted by defendernoob
Sounds right from what I know (my knowledge is limited as a customer). The dealer only has so many allotments per month, and their allotments must be all filled for right now.
Each dealer has some sort of allocation for ordering...it might also vary per model. The allocation is probably based on how much that dealership typically sells volume wise. I had two separate orders and this year and each were ordered and confirmed pretty quickly (within a week).

Many people have been able to jump into retail orders that the dealers had planned to sell "off the lot." Have you inquired about that? I think some dealers don't encourage this as its easier to sell the vehicle that will arrive sooner or is already on the lot vs the person who is committed and willing to wait with a totally fresh new order.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now