Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 10:13 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Circci
Where are you having to put down a 5k on refundable deposit? I just got my defender Saturday, called around a couple of dealers and found one that matched exactly what I wanted but wasnt spoken for (It was in transit), put down a 1k refundable deposit, and took delivery 1 week later (South Carolina).
Well my friend, I think you have a combination of great luck and preferences that line up with typical dealer stock orders. I was rolling the dice like you and checking dealerships for six months and found no Defenders that exactly matched my desired spec (admittedly I have a very particular build I want), spoken for or not.

I did however find a very high volume dealer who had an allocation for an S trim that wasn't spoken for, and now I have spoken for it with a ETA of November

Old 08-30-2021, 10:17 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an SE with a few options on it, but the SE comes with a lot of stuff as is

Old 08-30-2021, 10:27 AM
Overlanding
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
Well my friend, I think you have a combination of great luck and preferences that line up with typical dealer stock orders. I was rolling the dice like you and checking dealerships for six months and found no Defenders that exactly matched my desired spec (admittedly I have a very particular build I want), spoken for or not.

I did however find a very high volume dealer who had an allocation for an S trim that wasn't spoken for, and now I have spoken for it with a ETA of November
Reading all the posts here, I think I too may have lucked out. Visited dealer 2 weeks ago and put a deposit on an allocation they had (for an S). Allowed me to make the changes. The 11.4 inch screen was already pre-selected (while I couldnt add it on the build from the website, the final build sheet shows it).

Selected pretty much every single option on it along with the color/wheels I wanted. The residuals are also 'excellent' FYI (I intend to purchase mine but good to know the depreciation curve is not steep - deduct 10% on figures below for P400):

On a 22 Defender 110 S trim model. The residual on 33 months as of now in August/2021 is,

5k miles per year- 73%
15k miles per year-68%

on a 36 month term:
5k miles per pear-70%
15k miles per year-65%

The MF rate for both terms is .00228 as of now again for August 2021.

Gave a $1K refundable deposit (have it in writing) on MSRP (no additional upcharge).

Last amendment possible: 8/25
Build Date: 9/24
Delivery Date: 11/12

Fingers crossed (PS they have an open slot for P400 for a Dec delivery), no affiliation but I dealt with David Ighrayeb of Land Rover Alexandria, VA (never tried to upsell me on anything FYI).

Last edited by Lutfy; 08-30-2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm hearing that dealers can not currently place orders for new Defenders. My dealer currently hopes to be able to actually submit my specific Defender 90 X order to LR sometime in September. I believe my order, when actually submitted, will account for a unit that my dealer has been previously allocated by LR.
Does this jive with what others are hearing/experiencing??

Last edited by 4x4 DAVE; 08-30-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:39 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Lutfy
Reading all the posts here, I think I too may have lucked out. Visited dealer 2 weeks ago and put a deposit on an allocation they had (for an S). Allowed me to make the changes. The 11.4 inch screen was already pre-selected (while I couldnt add it on the build from the website, the final build sheet shows it).

Selected pretty much every single option on it along with the color/wheels I wanted. The residuals are also 'excellent' FYI (I intend to purchase mine but good to know the depreciation curve is not steep - deduct 10% on figures below for P400):

On a 22 Defender 110 S trim model. The residual on 33 months as of now in August/2021 is,

5k miles per year- 73%
15k miles per year-68%

on a 36 month term:
5k miles per pear-70%
15k miles per year-65%

The MF rate for both terms is .00228 as of now again for August 2021.

Gave a $1K refundable deposit (have it in writing) on MSRP (no additional upcharge).

Last amendment possible: 8/25
Build Date: 9/24
Delivery Date: 11/12

Fingers crossed (PS they have an open slot for P400 for a Dec delivery), no affiliation but I dealt with David Ighrayeb of Land Rover Alexandria, VA (never tried to upsell me on anything FYI).
Thats so funny, I also had given up on a bigger screen since I couldnt add it in the build tool, but since I was taking over a dealer allocation that already had it it carried over or whatever. I'm very stoked about that. My schedule is basically a week later than yours. last amend: 9/1 build: 10/1 delivery estimate: 11/26

Originally Posted by 4x4 DAVE
I'm hearing that dealers can not currently place orders for new Defenders. My dealer currently hopes to be able to actually submit my specific Defender 90 X order to LR sometime in September. I believe my order, when actually submitted, will account for a unit that my dealer has been previously allocated by LR.
Does this jive with what others are hearing/experiencing??
That's exactly what I've heard from multiple dealers. JLR won't let them submit new retail orders (since early July), they can only change dealer stock allocations which they obviously have to wait for. The positive side seems to be once you get in there in place of a stock allocation, the timeline is quite reasonable

Old 08-30-2021, 10:45 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Circci
Where are you having to put down a 5k on refundable deposit? I just got my defender Saturday, called around a couple of dealers and found one that matched exactly what I wanted but wasnt spoken for (It was in transit), put down a 1k refundable deposit, and took delivery 1 week later (South Carolina).
It was a non-refundable deposit for orders, not what is in dealer stock. This is in the Twin Cities.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:49 AM
Overlanding
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdooogs
Thats so funny, I also had given up on a bigger screen since I couldnt add it in the build tool, but since I was taking over a dealer allocation that already had it it carried over or whatever. I'm very stoked about that. My schedule is basically a week later than yours. last amend: 9/1 build: 10/1 delivery estimate: 11/26
I am equally excited but there are rumors we may not get the larger screen/analog gauge. I am fine with either but it surely will be an icing on the cake.

Also hoping timelines are somewhat accurate with 2-3 weeks variance. Time will tell. But extremely excited about the vehicle.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:09 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
No Moretti, I ordered at the right time. The sales guy told me I ordered at the right time. It seems others have offered after me and received before me. This should have taken 3 months, not 4.
well mine is 2 month since I ordered it an no update from my dealer. Just not good communications I have a delivery estimate Q1 2022. But in the last Vista screenshot it was still only confirmed...

Old 08-30-2021, 02:10 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Lutfy
I am equally excited but there are rumors we may not get the larger screen/analog gauge. I am fine with either but it surely will be an icing on the cake.

Also hoping timelines are somewhat accurate with 2-3 weeks variance. Time will tell. But extremely excited about the vehicle.
Heh yeah we'll have to see what turns up (or maybe we can get a window sticker from our salesperson when it's built?). I've heard the same rumors, I can say my dealer said the HUD is completely unavailable but he thought the larger screen should be good to go. fingers crossed!

Old 08-30-2021, 02:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

I was told that since the HUD is standard on the 90X it will still be included and that the larger screen is also available on the 90X.
Who knows at this point what to believe...

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now