Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 12:10 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Magic Forum Fix

I should have known better than to comment on my Wi-Fi connection after 2.0.6. I waited 2 days as well. Today I checked my In Control account which looked fine. As a side note

I noticed a tab called “Live” which contained a list of my applications such as for example the Pivi Pro Download Manager- the more info button under each one offered a chance to “reset” the application. Who wants to be the first on that. Too bad there isn’t a nice manual to explain it

Anyway, when I started the Defender I noticed that the Guest option was back (It had been just Good Morning to me) like Umbertob mentioned. My house Wi-Fi was now there as a saved one and I just tapped on it. The Wi-Fi has stayed through several ignition cycles now. Weird-it just fixed itself or someone is watching -it works for me

I have to say I don’t know of any issues with my Defender at this point so I just enjoy driving it.

I am attaching a screenshot of that Live tab contents from InControl.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:36 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Freemey
Hi guys another 2.0.6 and Live App 12/04/2020 update item. Since the update of both the system and Live Apps recently I have finally for the first time (as reported by another owner) received an occasional YELLOW i on startup with an “ Emergency Braking and Emergency Steering not Available Message-Press O to clear”.

I have shut down and restarted both getting and not getting the message a second time. I have just waited a few moments and seen it go out. I don’t think I actually have a physical issue. My wild guess is in getting the steering with lane keep assist sorted out they have caused some sensing issues with a system check during start. I am also guessing that emergency steering system I put is the same system that activates with LKA. Everything seems to be in working order and the warning in start up is sporadic at this point. I do agree with previous comments that LKA works very nicely now.
On my P300 110S 2.0.6 live 12/6/2020 with low usage of software gadgets, I am also receiving the "Emergency Braking and Emergency Steering not Available Message - press O to clear". It includes an Orange lighting of the DSC symbol, as well. The warnings both last a while and then go out, once I have started moving the vehicle.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

After 3 months of minor glitches, the gremlins have finally made a more formal attack. Successful update to 2.o.5ac8, then got a message last week that update 2.0.6 was available. Did not take the first time, got another notice and parking then locking and alarm set it still did not take. Next day in checking the software it said it was up to date with previous 2.0.5. Now I have lost home wifi from in the garage and am getting the Emergency Braking warning everyday. Grrrrr.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:52 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Wish we all knew just what could affect getting updates. Being interrupted for lack of 4G coverage is not supposed to be an issue. I believe the sum of knowledge of all the forum conversation is 4G should work whether you have an established INControl account or not. Connection to home Wi-Fi is a backup for software updates. Not sure if it is separate but I did see a PIVI Pro download manager listed under the LIVE tab in my InControl account. Hmm - I am sure getting 2.0.6 will help you but all some of have done to trigger updates is to perform a hard reset of the PIVI Pro by holding down the on/off button for 15 seconds. I had to do this to trigger 2.0.4.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:10 AM
Overlanding

Wish we all knew just what could affect getting updates. Being interrupted for lack of 4G coverage is not supposed to be an issue. I believe the sum of knowledge of all the forum conversation is 4G should work whether you have an established INControl account or not. Connection to home Wi-Fi is a backup for software updates. Not sure if it is separate but I did see a PIVI Pro download manager listed under the LIVE tab in my InControl account. Hmm - I am sure getting 2.0.6 will help you but all some of have done to trigger updates is to perform a hard reset of the PIVI Pro by holding down the on/off button for 15 seconds. I had to do this to trigger 2.0.4.
Thanks for the reply. I did do the hard reset a couple of days ago but it did not change anything. Last night I once again got the update notice for 2.0.6 that takes 45 minutes and just checked ..... it was installed! Will go for a drive shortly to see if ;the warning is still there.

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSmitty (12-21-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 06:19 AM
Mudding
Received 91 Likes on 43 Posts

Magic Forum Fix

I should have known better than to comment on my Wi-Fi connection after 2.0.6. I waited 2 days as well. Today I checked my In Control account which looked fine. As a side note

I noticed a tab called “Live” which contained a list of my applications such as for example the Pivi Pro Download Manager- the more info button under each one offered a chance to “reset” the application. Who wants to be the first on that. Too bad there isn’t a nice manual to explain it

Anyway, when I started the Defender I noticed that the Guest option was back (It had been just Good Morning to me) like Umbertob mentioned. My house Wi-Fi was now there as a saved one and I just tapped on it. The Wi-Fi has stayed through several ignition cycles now. Weird-it just fixed itself or someone is watching -it works for me

I have to say I don’t know of any issues with my Defender at this point so I just enjoy driving it.

I am attaching a screenshot of that Live tab contents from InControl.
Exact same here.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:39 AM
Overlanding

Successful install of 2.0.6 has found my house WiFi and eliminated the Emergency Braking Warning that was appearing daily. Glad JLR is working through the bugs

Old 12-17-2020, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys ... Unfortunately my PiviPro has lost the internal connection ... I did a connectivity reset and after this I no longer have the internal connection (it seems that it does not recognize the SIM) and it disconnected from the InControl account;every time I try to enter Incontrol Account it asks me to enable the connection ... I also tried to disconnect the black battery cable for 45 minutes but no effect ....

Old 12-18-2020, 04:36 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie Alfie Batignani
Hi guys ... Unfortunately my PiviPro has lost the internal connection ... I did a connectivity reset and after this I no longer have the internal connection (it seems that it does not recognize the SIM) and it disconnected from the InControl account;every time I try to enter Incontrol Account it asks me to enable the connection ... I also tried to disconnect the black battery cable for 45 minutes but no effect ....

My P400 has that same blank software screen (I used to have 2.05). Took it to the service department 4 days ago and they still have it. They have escalated the matter and have reached out to the telematics company for a possible fix. My Defender was driving fine and not giving any OBD error codes, so it seems like just a software issue. The Land Rover Remote App was also saying My Defender was “Service Due”, but I only have 800 miles on it.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks FzyPChz!! I'm waiting for a call from the dealer (I live a long way from the dealer); they told me that maybe they solve it remotely even if I have doubts .... I'll let you know !!

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update