2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 262 Likes on 138 Posts

I'm in the same boat, no software noted in the system but I am not complaining. Everything is running smoothly and all I can think of is a system update will bring out the germlins. It's like IT telling me to reboot the system and then all sudden none of the systems are talking to each other. ignorance is bliss

Old 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Freemey
I finally collected my thoughts in a pdf. I am excited for these updates and like others the Defender now acts like the manual said it would on software features. Stability is obviously improved. Mysteries remain as to why the system seems to burp on occasion after a software update. The driving has always been a great pleasure for me. Hopefully we won’t have anything much to talk about except tires and extra goodies soon.

What I See for Light P300 S Model
Freemey:

Great work on the pdf ! I received 2.0.6 yesterday (had to do the whole shut down, lock, wait 40 minutes bit) in North America (NYC time zone) on my P300S. I will putter with the list your wrote and see how it goes. Thank you.

Old 12-08-2020, 04:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

I just returned from a daylight testing drive --- yep, useful changes in 2.0.6 !! I particularly think they have fixed the lane departure logic -- works just as one would expect now. Progess !

Also, I noticed my situation with having the child locks come on engaged every time I start the vehicle is gone now. Not sure how or why ... but, I am happy. Now, I only need to turn off the auto stop each time I start the engine.

During my next nighttime drive I will explore the auto dimming (something I did not know existed on my vehicle, frankly.)

Enjoy !

Old 12-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi guys another 2.0.6 and Live App 12/04/2020 update item. Since the update of both the system and Live Apps recently I have finally for the first time (as reported by another owner) received an occasional YELLOW i on startup with an “ Emergency Braking and Emergency Steering not Available Message-Press O to clear”.

I have shut down and restarted both getting and not getting the message a second time. I have just waited a few moments and seen it go out. I don’t think I actually have a physical issue. My wild guess is in getting the steering with lane keep assist sorted out they have caused some sensing issues with a system check during start. I am also guessing that emergency steering system I put is the same system that activates with LKA. Everything seems to be in working order and the warning in start up is sporadic at this point. I do agree with previous comments that LKA works very nicely now.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:21 AM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

I haven't had a chance to drive it around with 2.0.6 yet (fractured wrist last week... it's 2020), but in my garage things seem way peppier since that update 2 days ago, from the display speed of the tile screen at startup to how quickly the live / music apps become available - prior to 2.0.6 would take a good minute or longer for Weather, Spotify, Deezer, etc. to display, if they ever even showed up. Now they pop up in 10-15 seconds after turning on the ignition. Connection between system and Android Auto (which seemed not to connect 1 out of 3 times before) seems rock solid too, but perhaps too early to tell. Let's hope the improvements stick around this time, but this definitely seems to be a more substantive update compared to the handful of previous ones.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

definitely still 2020

Outside of the fact I’ve received 2 updates in just over 2 weeks of ownership, is a good sign of how serious LR is in releasing timely updates to enhance the user experience.

The following users liked this post:
DonMitsu (12-11-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Mudding

Quick question about 2.0.6 and app software 12/04/2020. As previously noted after I received this update the system while still improved required me to go back and re-enable my external Wi-Fi option. I really didn’t dig any further until a couple of days ago when I noticed I did not have symbol on upper right of screen one morning. I had to turn on the option again and this time I tapped on the Wi-Fi option after turning on and realized my home Wi-Fi was no longer stored so I added it back or at least tried. My car will no longer accept an external Wi-Fi for the present. Not too worried about it but even after reset I cannot enable it again. The 4G seems to take care of all updates for me anyway. Anyone lease notice this.

Old 12-13-2020, 12:10 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

No problems here with Wi-Fi. If you have two Wi-Fi networks displayed with the same name (most likely 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks), try connecting to the other one. Also, make sure you are logged in with your InControl account and not as a guest (after the 2.0.6 update I had to re-enter my InControl credentials and 4-digit passcode.) When you scroll down to the bottom of all visible Wi-Fi networks, do you have a Saved Networks button? What does it show when you press that button? Delete any saved networks and try connecting again to your home network from scratch.

Last edited by umbertob; 12-13-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:50 PM
Mudding

Thanks Umbertob I will look at those items. I don’t recall the guest thing which caught me once before. I will recheck In Control though it has been remote starting vehicle and other functions that I experimented with. I am also doing a password re-check just in case. I don’t have the saved network button though. More later

Old 12-13-2020, 07:00 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My wifi connection was enabled on the update for the first time. So weird that every car seems to have random differences. I also did not have to relog into my account. However, issues now with Bluetooth which I have never had... New iphone 12. Reboot seemed to fix but we will see. Also had some major freezes in system changing channels on Sirius if you try it too soon. Still not perfect but getting better.

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update