2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 10:52 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was just on the Audi Q7 forum, now that car has been out for years, people complaining about squeaking brakes, electronic issues, the car stopping when making left turns due to the accident avoidance, seems you have to turn your turn signal off before making the turn, and other things. Someone said for the price of this car shouldn't have these issues. Sound familiar? This seems not to be a Land Rover issue but car electronics in general these days.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:17 AM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I wish I knew for sure which software update covered what functions. I am fairly certain the system updates for major functions are via 4G and do t need an InControl account. The InControl account I think covers just weather and streaming apps but I can see a download manager when I look online under my account and the live tab. I am at 2.0.7 for Software Updates and now looking at Umbertob posting I see that I am at a different software level under Live Apps. Could be what I have for a model vehicle or apps I am using. I only use the Weather app not either of the Streaming ones. I am an S model vehicle.

At this point I will take every update they send- but I cannot find anything to correct at this point. Updates still seem to create some instability until after first drive after one.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:49 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Lol, I just started my X and it says 2.0.5 software and it's up to date!

Old 12-27-2020, 11:27 AM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

It will be interesting to see if you get 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 soon. I still wonder if there is a difference in what a model receives-it would make sense I suppose. Hopefully you see some improvement in issues.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I seem to have some software troubles. My Wake Word does not work all the time. The weather app disappears on and off. My home address does not seem to stick. I have entered it 3 different times but the car seems to forget this. None of these issues are a problem per se but it is confusing though.
Does anyone know how to fix these issues?
thanks,
Sara's

Old 12-28-2020, 07:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I’m on the newest sw release 2..0.7. One thing I’ve noticed, though only used a few times, my Land Rover command seems a bit more responsive and next steps prompt for further input is as well.

I wish it could call for a specific camera view

Old 12-28-2020, 07:41 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

does it automatically update or does it ask your permission?

Old 12-28-2020, 07:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The system will notify of an update. Or you can check software update to see if one is available. Also, I would connect to your home wifi for more stable and faster downloads.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question How did you resolve?

Hi LR4USN,

How did you manage to resolve this issue? Was it automatic or did you need a visit to the dealer? Having the same issue on a 3days old Range Rover Velar MY21. System has no version at all. Hoping that it is simply because the new car is not yet fully registered on their servers - esp. as I received on 30.12.20 (i.e. over the holidays).

Many Thanks.

Originally Posted by LR4USN
Picked up this past Monday, Sept 18 build - One for the record, I posted in another thread, I have no version at all. Service Manager, noted the SOTA server is down, but he didn't seem concerned I'm version-less. (via email with service mgr)

The following users liked this post:
Gent of liesure (01-19-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LR4USN
Picked up this past Monday, Sept 18 build - One for the record, I posted in another thread, I have no version at all. Service Manager, noted the SOTA server is down, but he didn't seem concerned I'm version-less. (via email with service mgr)

Hi LR4USN,

Did you have to go to the dealer to get this resolved? I have the same message (no software version) on my 3 day old MY21 Velar. I am assuming it is some 'transition' phase where the servers do not yet recognise that I am the new 'owner' and therefore the system has not synched the new car?

I will wait another week or so but would be interested in hearing how the 'issue' was resolved for you.

Many Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Gent of liesure (01-19-2021)

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update