Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 07:44 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

Hi, do you need change the module or somethig like a fuel pump? coz today have the same problem in the same vehicle model

thamks

Originally Posted by Easy3
Today, while driving on rhe highway, my truck's gear shifts became very jerky. The check engine light came on, and the engine was getting weaker and stalling. I pulled over to the shoulder, and the engine shut down as per the tach. i tried to restart but no luck. The engine would turn over but not fire. I let things sit for a few minutes. It restarted , and the jerky shifts seemed to go away but the check engine light stayed lit. I drove slowly to the dealership which was just a mile away.​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​The dealership said they had no loaners and that they would not pick up the costs of a rental. Anyway, I left the vehicle there and am waiting on them. ​​​​​​​My vehicle is a 2021 base defender 110 with cold climate package and clearsight. Pivipro is at 3.0. 8700 miles trouble free so far.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Any similar experiences?​​​​​​​PS My wife picked me up at the dealer and the first words out of her month was "The English patient took a turn for the worse?"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Old 11-11-2022, 11:55 AM
Winching
Received 129 Likes on 113 Posts

Land Rover Dealership acting like you bought a Hyundai - ouch

Old 09-10-2024, 11:09 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posting today to keep the community up to date on my related issue. Quick recap, every couple months, on a warm start, my P300 2023 defender would stall, right after starting and as I was shifting from P into R or D. Engine sputters, stalls, sometimes restarts, sometimes just cranks without firing until I get out of the car, lock/unlock, then it restarts. So it never stranded me. CEL on afterwards all three times since I bought it used in March of 2024. Last time it happened, I drove straight to the dealership so they could read the code (previous 2 times, the CEL would clear after a couple drive cycles). It has supossedly been fixed, below is a copy/paste from the dealership here in Atlanta:

FUEL PUMP DRIVER MODULE INTERNAL OPEN CIRCUIT WHEN HOT DIAGNOSED, PREFORMED FAULT AND BREAKDOWN. PREFORMED DATALOGGER TEST AND CHECKS, CHECK POWER AND GROUND TO FPDM.
FOUND WHEN FPDM IS ABOVE AMBIENT TEMP, LOSES POWER, FOUND INTERNAL OPEN WHEN HOT. REPLACED FPDM AND RELAY. RESET FUEL ADAPTATIONS AND CLEARED CODES, TEST DROVE, SYSTEM OPERATING TO SPECS AT THIS TIME, SEE SERVICE ADVISOR

The following users liked this post:
Chief65 (09-10-2024)
Old 09-10-2024, 05:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by searcj01
Posting today to keep the community up to date on my related issue. Quick recap, every couple months, on a warm start, my P300 2023 defender would stall, right after starting and as I was shifting from P into R or D. Engine sputters, stalls, sometimes restarts, sometimes just cranks without firing until I get out of the car, lock/unlock, then it restarts. So it never stranded me. CEL on afterwards all three times since I bought it used in March of 2024. Last time it happened, I drove straight to the dealership so they could read the code (previous 2 times, the CEL would clear after a couple drive cycles). It has supossedly been fixed, below is a copy/paste from the dealership here in Atlanta:

FUEL PUMP DRIVER MODULE INTERNAL OPEN CIRCUIT WHEN HOT DIAGNOSED, PREFORMED FAULT AND BREAKDOWN. PREFORMED DATALOGGER TEST AND CHECKS, CHECK POWER AND GROUND TO FPDM.
FOUND WHEN FPDM IS ABOVE AMBIENT TEMP, LOSES POWER, FOUND INTERNAL OPEN WHEN HOT. REPLACED FPDM AND RELAY. RESET FUEL ADAPTATIONS AND CLEARED CODES, TEST DROVE, SYSTEM OPERATING TO SPECS AT THIS TIME, SEE SERVICE ADVISOR

Thanks for posting. Sounds a bit like the issue mine had and my dealer never was able to figure it out. I would totally be printing out your post in bringing it in to my dealer if I still owned it. The stall by itself wasn't a deal breaker but everything else on top of that was too much for me to justify hanging in there with it. Good luck, I hope they've fixed it.

Old 09-11-2024, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Chief65 totally understand your position. I truly hope this clears up this issue, as I love my D110 spec, it's 30th anniversary and just nails what I wanted in this vehicle. Prefer to not have to start over, but we'll see where the next couple years of warranty take me.