2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I知 out, thank you

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 10:24 AM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

OP thinks getting the Rivian or Wagoneer are options to quickly replace replace the Defender he had ordered.......check out how those Bronco fanboys are doing............looks like their hardtops should be arriving sometime in 2022......LOL. Good luck!!!.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Barstoolman1127
OP thinks getting the Rivian or Wagoneer are options to quickly replace replace the Defender he had ordered.......check out how those Bronco fanboys are doing............looks like their hardtops should be arriving sometime in 2022......LOL. Good luck!!!.

At least Ford recognizes they've let down their customers...

Old 08-19-2021, 10:34 AM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

Oh, well that certainly makes all those Bronco buyers, who have had reservations, going on for close to 2 years, feel much better.....lol!! Unfortunately, they still won't get their vehicles.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:37 AM
Drifting
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

My dealer has had a "Trophy Edition" for at least 2 weeks. He told me he couldn't get rid of it because of the ugly color wrap. It doesn't help that Land Rover overpriced it either.
If you guys are interested it is at Plaza Land Rover in St. Louis

The following 2 users liked this post by Llid:
heliochrome85 (08-19-2021), _Allegedly (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 10:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by heliochrome85
At least Ford recognizes they've let down their customers...
My 15yo has received 2 gift packs in the mail and a phone call from Ford with updates on his Bronco order.

We also got called and personally invited to the Bronco Off-Roadeo event free of charge BEFORE we get the truck.

They gave him a price lock until 2023 as long as he orders the same model, and they gave him $1,100 in Ford cash for accessories. They also included a sound deadening headliner upgrade at no charge.
All I have down is a $100 deposit that actually got refunded even though my order is still in because that's how they handle it when you switch dealers.

I've paid them $0 for this $52,000 car order and truly feel like they've communicated honestly and have done far better than anything that Land Rover has offered for my $90,000 Defender, which is absolutely nothing.

I also realize they are having problems with these tops but you know what, they're going to replace them all and, oh yeah, give me another free upgrade to the pre-wire for a hard top if I order soft top now. Tell me how the Defender A-pillar situation is being handled. Tell me about the TSB for fabric that they failed to treat at the factory so it's all staining and their answer is to "Shop-Vac it".

The Ford bashing is getting old. Land Rover just doesn't give a f***.

​​​​​​

The following 4 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Ace7711 (08-19-2021), GavinC (08-19-2021), heliochrome85 (08-19-2021), Magnumforc (08-20-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 432 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
My 15yo has received 2 gift packs in the mail and a phone call from Ford with updates on his Bronco order.

We also got called and personally invited to the Bronco Off-Roadeo event free of charge BEFORE we get the truck.

They gave him a price lock until 2023 as long as he orders the same model, and they gave him $1,100 in Ford cash for accessories. They also included a sound deadening headliner upgrade at no charge.
All I have down is a $100 deposit that actually got refunded even though my order is still in because that's how they handle it when you switch dealers.

I've paid them $0 for this $52,000 car order and truly feel like they've communicated honestly and have done far better than anything that Land Rover has offered for my $90,000 Defender, which is absolutely nothing.

I also realize they are having problems with these tops but you know what, they're going to replace them all and, oh yeah, give me another free upgrade to the pre-wire for a hard top if I order soft top now. Tell me how the Defender A-pillar situation is being handled. Tell me about the TSB for fabric that they failed to treat at the factory so it's all staining and their answer is to "Shop-Vac it".

The Ford bashing is getting old. Land Rover just doesn't give a f***.

​​​​​​
Your teenager has a new Bronco on order? Sheesh. I was stoked on a 20-year-old 1985 Dodge Caravan at that age. Haha.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:00 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Brandon318
Your teenager has a new Bronco on order? Sheesh. I was stoked on a 20-year-old 1985 Dodge Caravan at that age. Haha.
I know. I had to buy a total s***-box at 16 and the ac went out 2 weeks later.

I'm a total 70's dad and I've never spoiled him at all even a little bit. He's been a dream child and I just really like the person he has become. Respectful, polite, hard working, varsity athlete with perfect grades and great friends. I could not resist.

The following 4 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
GavinC (08-19-2021), heliochrome85 (08-19-2021), Magnumforc (08-20-2021), MattEvan (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 11:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 432 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
I know. I had to buy a total s***-box at 16 and the ac went out 2 weeks later.

I'm a total 70's dad and I've never spoiled him at all even a little bit. He's been a dream child and I just really like the person he has become. Respectful, polite, hard working, varsity athlete with perfect grades and great friends. I could not resist.
Haha, fair enough, and definitely no judgement from me. We have an eight-month-old daughter and I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time not wanting to get her the newest, safest, most reliable car in the world when she starts driving haha.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorofRocks
I think you are confused between "announcing" new models and making them available. They are not cannibalizing parts from existing orders to make those - it's not a zero sum game. If you wanted to order a Trophy Edition truck, that isn't getting built and shipped next week, it's for delivery some time in the second half of CY 2022.

But you've made up your mind and want to go elsewhere and see if they can treat you better, which is perfectly understandable. The only other vehicle I cross shopped was the Landcruiser and that was never really an option, so I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for them to build my 110.

I will say, though, that if you expect a Ford dealer to treat you better you are absolutely deluded.

Agree 100% on British Airways, though - they are skating on a reputation from decades ago. I pulled all my business from them 15 years ago and never looked back. Now have a million miles on United that a large portion could have gone in BA's direction. I take the train in the UK rather than fly BA domestically and never, ever fly transatlantic with them any more because they suck.
https://www.landroverstlouis.com/new...a8ecc3f673.htm

Old 08-19-2021, 11:05 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Brandon318
Haha, fair enough, and definitely no judgement from me. We have an eight-month-old daughter and I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time not wanting to get her the newest, safest, most reliable car in the world when she starts driving haha.
Oh, yes, you definitely will! Congratulations and enjoy every minute of it. It goes by so so fast.

The following users liked this post:
Brandon318 (08-19-2021)

Quick Reply: I知 out, thank you