2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Roof Rack "Voyager"

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 07:54 PM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Has anyone gotten the voyager rack + ladder and mind posting pics of the results?

Old 11-29-2021, 03:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

There are some pretty good pics on their site.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:01 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartan
Got the three piece fairing on the Voyager now and it gets rid of most noise. Now very acceptable at 80mph. I’ll get the fiberglass one piece if they are able to make those again, but this works fine for now.

thinking of the voyager ladder, but not sure I like the looks.
How did you get the 3 piece fairing?

I just got my rack and installed it. Tried a soldering iron on one of the torx bolt for 20 min, didn't really get the bolt hot. What it did do is tip over when I wasn't looking and burn my paint on the roof! After that I just prayed and went at it with the impact wrench and they all came out fine.

Also agree with poster above, the rack sits a bit higher than I thought it would (based on looking at pictures online). Probably splitting hairs but i feel mines maybe .5-1" higher. I wonder if the posts they sit on are taller now on the more recent releases or if it was just the angle of all the other pictures. I feel like the posts of the "lower" ones look as if they are closer to the height of the rail.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:20 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by DPReef
How did you get the 3 piece fairing?

I just got my rack and installed it. Tried a soldering iron on one of the torx bolt for 20 min, didn't really get the bolt hot. What it did do is tip over when I wasn't looking and burn my paint on the roof! After that I just prayed and went at it with the impact wrench and they all came out fine.

Also agree with poster above, the rack sits a bit higher than I thought it would (based on looking at pictures online). Probably splitting hairs but i feel mines maybe .5-1" higher. I wonder if the posts they sit on are taller now on the more recent releases or if it was just the angle of all the other pictures. I feel like the posts of the "lower" ones look as if they are closer to the height of the rail.

The recent pictures definitely do look just a tad taller than the older/stock photos. Still, imo the best looking roof rack available. Looks great on your Defender

Old 12-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Rock Crawling

I actually asked Voyager about the height and they said it hadn’t changed.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:35 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts

How is the paint finish? (powdercoat). Is it satin/gloss, and is it snooth or mottled/textured?

Old 01-01-2022, 07:18 AM
Mudding

What thread locker/sealant if any did you folks use on the bolts?

Old 01-01-2022, 07:45 AM
Rock Crawling

Paint is sort of a gloss orange peel. There’s no need to use thread locker on the bolts that hold the rack on the posts since they have locking washers. Use a little blue if you want, but not needed. I did put blue back on the bolts into the roof for sealing against moisture.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:59 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Tartan
Paint is sort of a gloss orange peel. There’s no need to use thread locker on the bolts that hold the rack on the posts since they have locking washers. Use a little blue if you want, but not needed. I did put blue back on the bolts into the roof for sealing against moisture.
Gotcha, I definitely want something on the bolts going through the roof to seal against moisture at the very least. From the close up shots it looks like the bolt head is just exposed to the air and still is in the roof rail recess, where I'd imagine at least some pooling could occur depending on the car's pitch/yaw

Last edited by Mcdooogs; 01-01-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Rock Crawling

Forgot to mention that I sealed those with some silicone caulk as well. A little blue loctite on the ends of the bolts, and then silicone on the upper to seal it all up. I think voyager recommended that.

The following users liked this post:
Mcdooogs (01-01-2022)

Quick Reply: NEW Roof Rack "Voyager"