2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Lift tire size guide (work in progress)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 07:17 PM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Defendit..
Maybe LT's are available in 18" , I do need the T speedindex ( for example I did last week in Germany topspeed in my 90 P300, 112 Mph, limiter engages exactly)
Tire Rack and Quadratec have an estimate delivery time now for 10/15, let's see
I just put on Toyo 275/55r20, love them.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:37 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GavinC
Tire socks are not full chain but meet the legal requirements. https://shopautosock.mcgeecompany.co...from=275-55r20

Here is a size that fits. Will also take up less space in their never to be opened packaging they come in.
Great alternative! Thanks for the hint. Will do some further research on the legal side, but looks that they are allowed as an alternative.
I also didn't expect that the defender will truly need them, but better to carry them with me in case I need them to meet the legal requirements.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:29 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wawibu
Great alternative! Thanks for the hint. Will do some further research on the legal side, but looks that they are allowed as an alternative.
I also didn't expect that the defender will truly need them, but better to carry them with me in case I need them to meet the legal requirements.
Hey wawibu! Do you happen to be in Switzerland? If so, did you have any issue with the legality of fitting 275 R20 on the car? I've been told by the dealer that even though the 275 is mentioned under winter tires in the manual, for whatever reason it's not approved in CH. I do want to do the same, put on KO2/Cooper or Wildpeak but so far it sounds messy. Don't have the car yet, just doing some preliminary research.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:02 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cardude
Hey wawibu! Do you happen to be in Switzerland? If so, did you have any issue with the legality of fitting 275 R20 on the car? I've been told by the dealer that even though the 275 is mentioned under winter tires in the manual, for whatever reason it's not approved in CH. I do want to do the same, put on KO2/Cooper or Wildpeak but so far it sounds messy. Don't have the car yet, just doing some preliminary research.
Hey cardude, no I'm located in Germany. I'm in a similar situation. I ordered my 110 P400e recently and have right now an estimated delivery date of mid 2022 So right now I'm doing these kind of preliminary researches to have all together and handy when it will be delivered.
Sound to me a bit scary that JLR mentioned 275/55R20 in the owner manual as preferred winter tire and that this shouldn't be allowed in Switzerland. I can't help you here further but will do my research for Germany (hope that 275/55R20 are allowed here)

Old 09-07-2021, 11:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,297 Likes on 948 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by wawibu
Yes. I'll probably buy a set to meet legal chain-carrying requirements for my state because I'm that sort of idiot responsible citizen.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:46 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, good luck buddy!

Old 09-13-2021, 06:07 PM
Overlanding
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

On the earlier post stating the 265/60/20 K02 was super close when wheel was turned, does anyone know if that was at Parked Height or at normal Drive Height? Also, if it was at parked height, would that be indicative of how tight the tire would be in the wheel-well at full articulation? This will be my first Air Suspension vehicle, so trying to learn the ropes.

Last edited by warkeld; 09-13-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:26 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do 20” rims fit if car was ordered with 22” rims?

I am wondering if anyone has an answer here. Many 110 P400 Defenders I am seeing recently all have 22” wheels from the factory so would want to down size at least to 20” wheels. The trucks ordered from the factory with 22” wheels have larger disc brake rotors and calipers than defenders ordered from the factory with 20” wheels. This would also apply to most V8s. Does anyone know if one would need to swap both the wheels and brakes in order to fit 20” wheels on these vehicles? Also, does anyone know why LR would do this??

Old 09-16-2021, 07:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IMy defender P400 SE came with 22 inch rims from the factory. I just found out that on these trucks you can only do 19 or 20 inch rims without any modifications. If you look at the tire sizes on the driver side door. all tire sizes for the your particular truck are provided. 20 inch rims will fit the V8 version even if comes with performance brakes. If your calipers are not colour painted, you do not need to replace them to put 18 inch rims. However you will need to change the rear rotors, brake pads and housing for the rotors. but you can you the same caliper. You can buy the Range rover rear brake kit without the calipers and install 18 inch wheels. also you willneed to bleed the front brakes, not the rear brakes. The best person to talk to is Jake at Tuffant USA. He is great guy and very helpful.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (09-17-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikman
You can buy the Range rover rear brake kit without the calipers and install 18 inch wheels.
Is that what Lucky8 is selling? Many have asked which LR part that is and I've never seen an answer. I'd still heavily lean toward buying from them as long as the price is close.

Quick Reply: No Lift tire size guide (work in progress)