Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owner Reviews for Defender 110 P400

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 02:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
The woofers did not work out at all. There are 2 black wires that go to the OEM Defender woofer. Both are positive and show voltage when I tested them to see which was positive and which was negative. Never seen a speaker with 2 positive wires...
Dual voice coils. You can wire them in series and your 4 ohm woofer becomes an 8 ohm load or you can wire them in parallel and your 4 ohm woofer becomes a 2 ohm load. Not for the faint of heart, especially if they're also wired into the other woofers rather than home-run to the amp.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (06-01-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 03:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Dual voice coils. You can wire them in series and your 4 ohm woofer becomes an 8 ohm load or you can wire them in parallel and your 4 ohm woofer becomes a 2 ohm load. Not for the faint of heart, especially if they're also wired into the other woofers rather than home-run to the amp.
Thanks for the explanation! So what happens if you replace the 2 ohm Defender OEM woofer and connect both positive wires to a 2 ohm aftermarket (Focal) woofer that normally requires a positive and negative wire?

Old 06-08-2023, 11:39 AM
Mudding
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

[QUOTE=switch;866659]I ordered my D110 in January and picked it up in April. It is awesome. I bought a tire and wheel warranty, but opted out of the extended warranty, as the price tag, over $7,000 for 10 years, seemed a bit excessive. I opted instead to fund a high-growth (well... hopefully high-growth) ETF with $10,000 and am hoping that by the time my 4-year warranty runs out, I will have enough growth beyond my capital to cover any expenses over the next 6 years. I am not sure if that was the wisest move at this moment, as the car is currently in the shop awaiting a new alternator, but, there is a Chinese proverb that says: "No disease, short life. One disease, long life", so I am hopeful that this new alternator will inoculate me against lager, future issues. Regardless, this is my favorite vehicle to date! Thanks!

[/QUO
I think that quote is roughly translated to mean that if you experience a disease early in life, you will then appreciate what you have, enjoy your life, and feel that it has been long and fulfilling by the end. If you have no disease, and then become ill at the end of your time, you will feel life was not long enough . The person with the early disease learned the value of life and went to make the most of it, while the disease free person went about their life, perhaps frittering away their time. Once the end was near, then they realized life was short... Your 110 looks excellent! I am still driving an old LR, but will most likely get a 110 when my LR finally kicks it.

WAFOX (06-12-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 12:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

late to the thread but congrats to switch on the new 110 and just to add that our 2021 110 has been pretty much flawless, it's only been back to the dealer for scheduled maintenance since we bought it (although we did have them fix the A pillar noise issue while we were there). We're really happy with ours, we had plenty of opportunities to sell ours for over MSRP when that was still a thing and we had no second thoughts about turning them down.

Trajan (06-09-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 08:57 PM
4wd Low
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am going on 3 weeks without my car as they wait for a back ordered alternator. It is not really a reflection on the car per se, but disappointing nonetheless.

Old 06-23-2023, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

OK... Let's see...
1. Auto-stop/start engine button. I just want to turn it off and have it STAY OFF. Autostop Eliminator has an AWESOME product to do just that, but just not for the LR's yet.
2. If I get out of the Defender to run into the bank, post office, Liquor Store (don't judge) and I leave my wife in the car, when I get back she has to unbuckle and lean over to the driver's door to unlock the damn thing and let me back in. What the hell is that???
3. Made my 2nd payment this month. Already looking for a Windshield replacement company. I think it got broken by hitting a butterfly.
4. When I bought it, I moved 4 boxes of stuff out of my Ford Expedition. I think I finally found room for a flashlight in my Defender 130. Of course I had to throw out the jack...
5. Ever heard of an Oil Life Indicator??? I'm mean, I only paid $100K, why would I expect THAT?
6. Did I mention there is no storage space?
7. How come I don't have a place for my sunglasses? I guess they figured I needed a nice shiny piece of black plastic instead.
8. I used to be able to Open and Close the rear hatch on my Expedition to let the Grocery guy put stuff in. Oh well...
9. LR: "We built the most capable off road vehicle on the market" Also LR: "lets put on 22" racing slicks" Last week, I gut stuck... In wet grass.
10. Am I the only one who sometimes spends 2 minutes ARGUING with the shifter just to go from "R" to "D"? Just me??? OK.
11. Why the HELL can't I start it with my Key Fob from inside the house. I don't WANT to pull out my phone when I'm HOLDING the damn Key!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE so much about this vehicle, but there's a lot of "little stuff" they could have done a LOT better, for not much $$$.
LRJ just needs to start thinking like a consumer who is going to buy a Defender 130 and use it with 3 kids and a dog in it.

The following 2 users liked this post by davisve:
dj200 (06-24-2023), Jbiggzs (06-26-2023)
Old 06-24-2023, 07:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

Pressing the auto start/stop button at every start-up will become automatic after a while. I agree, omitting a door lock/unlock button on the passenger side is ridiculous. I also wrestle with the shifter if I don't fully press the button. And it seems backwards as you push it forward to go back and pull it toward you to go forward. Who thought one big cup holder and one small cup holder in front was a good idea on our 2021? At least they fixed that with 2 large front cup holders on our 2023. And why are the rear cup holders too small to fit a sports water bottle? They should be the same size as the front cup holders. Or, bring back the nice door water bottle holders from the LR4.

Old 06-24-2023, 09:09 AM
4wd Low
Default Back in the Saddle

Originally Posted by switch
I am going on 3 weeks without my car as they wait for a back ordered alternator. It is not really a reflection on the car per se, but disappointing nonetheless.
New alternator has been installed. Runs like a champ. Maintaining a prospective 'lemon law' file in case it happens again, or some other long-duration issue occurs ;-)

Old 06-24-2023, 09:13 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by davisve
OK... Let's see...
1. Auto-stop/start engine button. I just want to turn it off and have it STAY OFF. Autostop Eliminator has an AWESOME product to do just that, but just not for the LR's yet.
2. If I get out of the Defender to run into the bank, post office, Liquor Store (don't judge) and I leave my wife in the car, when I get back she has to unbuckle and lean over to the driver's door to unlock the damn thing and let me back in. What the hell is that???
3. Made my 2nd payment this month. Already looking for a Windshield replacement company. I think it got broken by hitting a butterfly.
4. When I bought it, I moved 4 boxes of stuff out of my Ford Expedition. I think I finally found room for a flashlight in my Defender 130. Of course I had to throw out the jack...
5. Ever heard of an Oil Life Indicator??? I'm mean, I only paid $100K, why would I expect THAT?
6. Did I mention there is no storage space?
7. How come I don't have a place for my sunglasses? I guess they figured I needed a nice shiny piece of black plastic instead.
8. I used to be able to Open and Close the rear hatch on my Expedition to let the Grocery guy put stuff in. Oh well...
9. LR: "We built the most capable off road vehicle on the market" Also LR: "lets put on 22" racing slicks" Last week, I gut stuck... In wet grass.
10. Am I the only one who sometimes spends 2 minutes ARGUING with the shifter just to go from "R" to "D"? Just me??? OK.
11. Why the HELL can't I start it with my Key Fob from inside the house. I don't WANT to pull out my phone when I'm HOLDING the damn Key!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE so much about this vehicle, but there's a lot of "little stuff" they could have done a LOT better, for not much $$$.
LRJ just needs to start thinking like a consumer who is going to buy a Defender 130 and use it with 3 kids and a dog in it.
You nailed it, and with just the right amount of humor!

I moved on from a Navigator to a 110, so you can only imagine that I might have the same space concerns, but it fits my purposes so far.

All these things you mention can be mentioned about many cars, leaving one to wonder... Why don't car companies have OCD designers who can actually identity and preempt the types of issues that are so obvious to consumers. I mean, some things might be a matter of subjective preference, but a lot of what you mention is more objectively relevant than not.

PaulLR (06-24-2023)